40 gallon tank - Ummm... great price !

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you happen to live near a PetCo? They do $1 per gallon sales on up to 75 gallons I believe.

OP
I

INeedHelpLol

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, I do. Hmm. Ill check that out

Heres a fastball: ada amazonia, or fluval stratum?

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
INeedHelpLol said:
Yeah, I do. Hmm. Ill check that out

Heres a fastball: ada amazonia, or fluval stratum?

ADA Amazonia is probably the most nutrient-dense aquasoil on the market. I use it in my high tech nano to carpet HC. That said, it does leech ammonia for a couple of weeks with the intention of helping you cycle a tank without fish in it. A 9 liter bag is about $70 on Amazon. As far as changing water parameters it will make your water softer and more acidic.

Fluval Stratum is less nutrient dense and doesn't buffer your water quite so heavily, but is still a good plant substrate. It does not leech heavy amounts of ammonia like ADA Amazonia and price-per-pound is easier on the wallet, but it's a case of quality vs. quantity.

OP
I

INeedHelpLol

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Great! I just saw ada amazonia for about 55 bucks free shipping for the 9liter bag on amazon.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
INeedHelpLol said:
Great! I just saw ada amazonia for about 55 bucks free shipping for the 9liter bag on amazon.
Lucky, I paid $69 for mine and the order was just placed on Saturday!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BTW INeedHelpLol, to get an adequate substrate depth of 2 inches in that tank, you'll need about 21 liters of aquasoil.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fahn said:
Do you happen to live near a PetCo? They do $1 per gallon sales on up to 75 gallons I believe.
The $1.00 per gallon is only for smaller sizes, but their usual price for that tank is $100.00, and it's half price when they run the $1.00 per gallon sale (that's how I got mine).

OP
I

INeedHelpLol

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fahn said:
BTW INeedHelpLol, to get an adequate substrate depth of 2 inches in that tank, you'll need about 21 liters of aquasoil.
Thats 3 bags! Over 150 dollars ::( Well, i do have time until I set it up, dont have a stand yet, and need to get that moolah first, of yaknow what i mean..
Btw, there's a app called QuickThoughts on ios and android-- its a survey app- i have redeemed over 60 dollars with it so far, (no affiliation). It may help with expenses hehe. Its the only one i tried that actually works.

New Threads