Ouse

Welcome to Fishlore.
Rainbow sharks, Bala sharks, Arrowana, Bichir
None of these.
Cichlids, Catfish
In terms of cichlids, some species you can choose between are:
- Keyhole cichlids
- Rainbow cichlids
- Ram cichlids (be careful, GBRs prefer high temperatures between 28-30°C)

In terms of catfish:
- Bristlenose pleco
- Clown pleco
- Corydoras
- Bumblebee catfish

Remember, not all of these at once. Preferably keep to one or two species. If there are multiple cichlids of a single species, they’ll fight off the catfish and other bottom-dwellers during mating.

Tank volume isn’t as important as the dimensions.

JettsPapa

I have pearl gouramis in my 40 gallon breeder and like them very much.

OxymocanthusLongstrinosus

african butterfly (arowana)

featherfin squeaker (catfish)

ropefish (bichir)

african leaf fish (peacock bass)

headstanders (bala sharks)

do like a pair of leaf fish 3 ropefish, 3 headstanders and a butterfly. 3-4" sand bed some clay pots and lots of plants. 1 squeaker
welco
So here’s the hypothetical: you are setting up your first tank above 20 gallons, you decide a 40 gallon breeder it is well planted (2 Amazon swords, Java moss, Java fern, Anubius nana) wood, black lava rock, natural gravel and sand mix. What fish would you reccomend to someone who enjoys larger fish (Rainbow sharks, Cichlids, Bala sharks, Arrowana, Bichir, Catfish, etc.)
welcome to fishlore

Noroomforshoe

Golden wonder killi instead of arrowana Yoyo loaches or zebra loaches instead of rainbow shark. 1-3 Electric blue acara cichlid.

PattonMello

Welcome to Fishlore.

None of these.

In terms of cichlids, some species you can choose between are:
- Keyhole cichlids
- Rainbow cichlids
- Ram cichlids (be careful, GBRs prefer high temperatures between 28-30°C)

In terms of catfish:
- Bristlenose pleco
- Clown pleco
- Corydoras
- Bumblebee catfish

Remember, not all of these at once. Preferably keep to one or two species. If there are multiple cichlids of a single species, they’ll fight off the catfish and other bottom-dwellers during mating.

Tank volume isn’t as important as the dimensions.
Thanks also just so you know I have a generalized understanding of what can go together like obviously I wouldn’t put corys with rainbow sharks becuase rainbow sharks are a semi aggressive bottom dweller and will nip at cories it was just a hypothetical I’ve been fishkeeping for years and recently made this account becuase I wasn’t on any other forums but thanks have a nice day!
african butterfly (arowana)

featherfin squeaker (catfish)

ropefish (bichir)

african leaf fish (peacock bass)

headstanders (bala sharks)

do like a pair of leaf fish 3 ropefish, 3 headstanders and a butterfly. 3-4" sand bed some clay pots and lots of plants. 1 squeaker
welco

welcome to fishlore
Thank you I personally don’t enjoy monster fish I find it gross to keep but I can understand why people have them just a hypothetical have a nice night!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SavTheArtist
  • Question
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
  • Karen627
  • Algae
Replies