40 Gallon breeder filter

Dgonc86

Just set up my 3rd tank in 2 months(addicted) hahah. I just set up a 40 Gallon breeder for my cichlids. Right now I have a Fluval C4 for it. Not to big of a fan of it for some reason. Would a Aquaclear 50 or 70 be a better choice?

Daniodude

I would do the 70.

00MagicKarp00

I would do the 70.
I agree with Daniodude, bigger is always better.

Islandvic

Are you wanting to run the Aquaclear as a 2nd filter in conjunction with the C4, or run it as the sole filter? I run some Aquaclears, I like them.

What type of cichlids do you have ?

You're on the fast track having 3 tanks in 2 months! I forsee you building some double stacked tank racks this summer when your collection approaches a dozen, ha !

The forum calls it MTS... Multiple Tank Syndrome.

Dgonc86

Are you wanting to run the Aquaclear as a 2nd filter in conjunction with the C4, or run it as the sole filter? I run some Aquaclears, I like them.

What type of cichlids do you have ?

You're on the fast track having 3 tanks in 2 months! I forsee you building some double stacked tank racks this summer when your collection approaches a dozen, ha !

The forum calls it MTS... Multiple Tank Syndrome.
I bought the Aquaclear 70 yesterday, plus I have a sponge in the opposite corner. Right now I have 2 jewel cichlids and 2 blood parrots in the tank.

Islandvic

I think for now that is plenty of filtration on a 40g.

Consider adding a second block of foam sponge on top of the first one. It will double your mechanical and biological filtration. Those foam blocks colonize a ton of beneficial bacteria.

Those are cool cichlids. I've got one of each in our 75g. My friend had given me his stock of SA's, so I've got a mix. Our Blood Parrot has become rather troublesome the past 3 weeks, wanting to always chase around and pester the larger Vieja.

Hopefully yours aren't as mean.

I think our Jewel is a female and not yet full size, it's around 4" long.

Are your Jewels a M/F pair ?

Dgonc86

My parrots seem to be very timid, they kinda get chased by the one jewel. I believe I have a male and female jewel cichlid.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Marlene327
Replies
Views
goldface
Replies
Views
mgstein
Replies
Views