40 Breeder Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Al913, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

So my 40 breeder is moderately-heavily planted aquarium(I will post pic if you want). I have 2 male guppies, 12 lambchop rasboras, 6 peppered corys, 50 RCS, 3 nerite snails, and a whole lot of MTS. For filtration I have an AC110 which is a total of 500gph.

I am looking at buying from Aquatic Arts and was looking to either buy more peppered corys, or replace the peppered corys and go with pygmy corys. If possible can I keep a shoal of 6 peppered and 12 pygmy corys? Also want to add more guppies, maybe some blue moscow? However should I get some endlers instead?

Peppered cory(6-$18): 
    Pygmy cory(12-$27): 
    Guppy/endler: 

2. Arades

Arades Valued Member Member

You could get either guppies or endlers depending on what you perfer more. If i were you i would just get more peppered corys to add to the school. I would love to see a picture btw.

3. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I'd replace the peppered corys with a different species as there doesn't seem to be much temp overlap between them and the rasboras. Pygmy corys would be ok to add though they are mid-dwelling.

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed with el. If you rehomed the peppered, a large shoal of pygmies would be fine!

5. OP
    OP
    Al913

Does anyone else have another online place to buy the pygmy cories? Also want low shipping :)

6. OP
    OP
    Al913

I might not go with pygmy corys since I just saw videos of them and kind of want corys at the bottom :)

How about salt and pepper corys?

7. TexasDomer

C. habrosus should be fine!

8. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

You could check out aquabid. They have habrosus corys from WetSpot.

9. TexasDomer

Might as well order directly from Wetspot then :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice