4 dead fishes Help 

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
okay guys so I think I'd better put some of them back to their original tank, but with once a week water change, do you still think there might be a problem of water quality issue? and why 4 deads in 48 hours? I think if there had been a problem with water quality, the fries ( which are much weaker than the adults) must have been died instead of tha adults. what do you think of that?please.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You asked me in a visitor message if you should use medication for fin rot. I'm posting my response here so that you can get other opinions as well.

I personally would not use medication for fin rot. You don't even know for sure that's the problem. If it is the problem, then making sure the water conditions are good would probably fix the issue anyway.

I will still say daily water changes for a couple of weeks, with a good water conditioner/dechlorinator.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe it is a longstanding issue, 16 liters is only a 4 gallon tank. The larger ones probably died first because they have been exposed to the toxic levels for a longer period of time. This is an assumption of course.

I would do a very large 75% water change, and then 50% water changes daily, vacuuming the gravel very well of any debris, until you can get a test kit, and yes if you can move them to a larger tank please do, this 16L tank is good for fry only in my opinion. Take care!

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Meenu said:
You asked me in a visitor message if you should use medication for fin rot. I'm posting my response here so that you can get other opinions as well.

I personally would not use medication for fin rot. You don't even know for sure that's the problem. If it is the problem, then making sure the water conditions are good would probably fix the issue anyway.

I will still say daily water changes for a couple of weeks, with a good water conditioner/dechlorinator.
Agreed with Meenu, the fin rot issue or other diseases you are seeing are likely caused from stress due to water quality issues and cramped living quarters. I would work on those first and then address any type of disease later .

Clean fresh water (dechlorinated) is often the best first treatment (and safest) for many different fish issues.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thank you so much guys, I don't know what could I do without you. okay I should do the water change, it's 1:40 am and I have to wait until the morning, guys wish me luck.

love you guys, you can't imagine how much
Bahar

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would also cut down on the feeding. 3 Times a day is too much. Try once a day, maybe even every other day just until they are stable and the water is fixed up.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think you're right. but they seem always starving and I can't resist it. but okay. I will keep you informed.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
the most beautiful male guppy is dead

I woke up in the morning and I found its dead body, it gave me great sorrow because he was so beautiful and I had looked every store to buy it. I put the other back in the original tank. it seems they are okay but it just seems. I feel so depressed.
do you believe it that I lost 6 guppies by now? during 2 days?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom