Help 4 dead fishes

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi guy
do you remember that because of the pregnant guppies,I separated the male guppies and put them in another tank, they were doing okay but the other day 2 of them and today another 2 males were dead, I don't know what is going on. but it seems that their caudal fins are eaten. is it a kind of dissease? or they are starting to eat each other? those 2 who died the other day were swimming near the bottom and weren't so active and they gradually died and there were no signs of rotten or eaten caudal fins but these 2 had eaten fins. I am losing the best males, could you tell me what to do?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aw, I'm sorry free.will... If you can get those readings,we can start from there. Sounds like something in the tank if they went downhill so fast.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know that with my tanks, when a fish dies, the other fish will immediately begin to eat the remains. Unless you actually witness the death, you don't know if it died as a result of injuries or the injuries occurred post-mortem.

I'm so sorry for your losses. Hopefully, we can all help you figure out what's going on with your fish. :console:

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
guys I don't have the equipments to measure the nitrate and the others.but the tank is pretty big for them but I do water change. it's happening fast and I know I didn't change any parameters. it's been for 1 month that I separated them, but I don't know what has happened suddenly.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
guys I don't have the equipments to measure the nitrate and the others.but the tank is pretty big for them but I do water change. it's happening fast and I know I didn't change any parameters. it's been for 1 month that I separated them, but I don't know what has happened suddenly.

It's not that you "change any parameters". That would occur naturally.

It's really important that you get yourself a test kit (API master kit highly recommended). When there's a tank mystery to be solved, the parameters are the first thing someone will ask for, when trying to help you. The results of the testing answer many questions.

Can you bring your water to be tested at the LFS?

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I checked again another one has a bit corrosion (what is the word for "corrosion"?) but he's doing okay, but the other one is dying but still breathing.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I mean I do want to buy a test kit but it's not common in Iran, so I can't buy any. I was looking for it but I couldn't find, maybe I should search the chemistry labs.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Try eBay, if that's an option for you.

I have no luck with guppies either. They do absolutely fine for a few months, then start to get weak, stop eating, their tail end droops and then they die (the last 2 I euthanised as it is not a nice thing for them to go through). My water parameters don't change, nothing in the tank is moved and no new fish added without quarantine. It seems in my area, the guppies are weak. The only ones I have left are the fry I showed you. It is not just me with this problem, but maybe the guppies are similar and are just weak where you are...

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
another loss

guys another one from another tank 1 pregnant guppy. guys... could you help me?

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
it may sounds a bit stupid but maybe it's because of the weather... 3 days with thunders.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Are there any symptoms? The sooner you get the water tested the better, I would do a water change just now to keep the tank nice and clean...

Do you have any pics, or anything for us to see? By 'corrosion', do you mean they have scrapes on them? Maybe they are getting hurt on something in the tank and an infection is getting in, or it may be some kind of disease. Oooh, I'm racking my brains here. Here's a link to a site that could help diagnose it... http://www.jbl.de/onlinehospitaluk/perpicture/index.php?Step=2&GalleryId=2

With my guppies, there's no disease, they just pass on after getting weak like I said...

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
honey I'm going to draw a picture of a dead one and I will attach it for you to see.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bahar, can you please give us more detail about the situation? I know you don't know where to get a test, but could you please tell us this?

- what water conditioner you use
- how big is the tank
- how many fish are in it
- is it heated and filtered
- do you use any other products except for conditioner
- how often do you do water changes

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The best I can advise is to do daily partial water changes. If you can get your hands on Prime or Amelquel+ water conditioners, that would be great. The more pristine the water, the better chance your fish have.

Keep the water fresh, and use conditioner.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I went to a fish store, they didn't have any test kits.thank you so much guys for helping me the size is 16 litre, and there are 6 fishes in it, of course 3 of them are not big enough to call them mature male guppies. yes it's heated and filtered, but I don't have any conditioner, because I don't know what it is. ( is it some kind of solution that we use to De-Chlorinate water?) once a week I do waterchange.and I feed them 3 times a day.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
one of them has something like a small scrape on it's fin. I don't want to lose the fries which I raised I hate this. maybe it's finrot. but I am not sure, would be alright if I add the drug for rotten fins?

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are way too many fish in that size tank, which is likely leading to water quality issues. I advise doing 50 percent water changes daily with prime or amquel and consider cutting back on the amount of fish you keep in this tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom