4-5 Bettas In A Tank

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Danthefishlover135 said:
Is it ok if i put 4-5 bettas and i know i can only have one male with cory cats and proble some guppys and other small fish
in a large tank, a female only betta sorority is the only way to go. Males don't mix with any other flashy fish or bettas.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FriarThomasIII said:
in a large tank, a female only betta sorority is the only way to go. Males don't mix with any other flashy fish or bettas.
Also, needs to be densely planted with places for each fish to go to hide out in with excess spaces. I'd recommend either a 30 gallon or 40 breeder for 4-6 females.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
5 girls in a 20 gallon seems to be the point were success rates start going up. As with anything bigger is better. Heavily planted with plenty of sight line breaks.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
FriarThomasIII said:
And i suggest a 20 gallon long for female sororities with at least 5-7 bettas. Odd numbers work best. If you want other fish i would say something that moves slow but can with stand a betta chasing them and something with no color as bettas hate flashy colors. If you are asking this question i suggest more research and you are not ready for a sorority. Sometimes sororitys dont even work out for the most experienced people on this forum, its taking chances.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom