3m 4f guppies

FishyFanatic86
Do you think this is too low of a ratio? I am picking up a turquoise and a cobra but I COULD in theory add another small female. However, I can't do much more than 1 more.

Betta'sAnonymous
Yeah, i think it would be better if you added at least 2 more females. Have at least a 2f/1m ratio there

FishyFanatic86
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Yeah, i think it would be better if you added at least 2 more females. Have at least a 2f/1m ratio there
Tank stock currently:

3f gup
1m gup
2 mollies F
4 tiny molly fry
1 super tiny gup fry
2 mystery snails

Do you think I'm good to add 4 gups?

My parameters aren't generally off as I do 25-30% changes every 2 days.
FishyFanatic86 said:
Tank stock currently:

3f gup
1m gup
2 mollies F
4 tiny molly fry
1 super tiny gup fry
2 mystery snails

Should add that's it's a 20.

I should also add that my plan is not to keep all 4 Mollies (current fry) for myself. And I am pretty sure that the gup fry is male, but it's still to small to tell without a microscopic lens. I do plan to get a LARGE (approx 90 to 100) tank in the next year and one of those snails will no longer be in this tank. Chances are I'll have a 10 soon enough and it will go in there.

Betta'sAnonymous
FishyFanatic86 said:
Tank stock currently:

3f gup
1m gup
2 mollies F
4 tiny molly fry
1 super tiny gup fry
2 mystery snails

Should add that's it's a 20.

I should also add that my plan is not to keep all 4 Mollies (current fry) for myself. And I am pretty sure that the gup fry is male, but it's still to small to tell without a microscopic lens. I do plan to get a LARGE (approx 90 to 100) tank in the next year and one of those snails will no longer be in this tank. Chances are I'll have a 10 soon enough and it will go in there.
That many water changes i think you could probably do 2 more females pretty easy.

FishyFanatic86
Perfect! They only had 1 so I'm just calling around for any fem I can get just for the stress factor purpose. Hoping I can find a fancy one though. 2 of my others are very plain. Only one is fancier.

emeraldking
You could also leave it like this for now. And see how those males interact with those 4 females. if there's still harmony, I'd leave the ratio as it is.

FishyFanatic86
emeraldking said:
You could also leave it like this for now. And see how those males interact with those 4 females. if there's still harmony, I'd leave the ratio as it is.
I also can always throw 2 males in my 50 if it gets too crazy. I did get a couple extra females though. One is blah lol but she at least is female and helps the ratio. Hoping my pretty males balance out some of her not-so-prettiness. So far one of my very plain Jane's seems to have made me a fancy male fry.. so I'm hoping for similar outcomes.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom