3d Background That Won't Break The Bank

Katreno101
Help!!! So I got a quote from this company and they want to charge 1000$ for a 3d background and rubber mat for my 150 gallon tank!!!!! I want something similar, I have just absolutely fallen in love with this background and color. Background Classic rock A02

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180409-143943_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180409-143943_Chrome.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20180409-143923_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180409-143923_Chrome.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 128
Seth15
Hey Katreno101, I feel your pain, not everyone can easily buy an aquadecor background. If you want a good looking 3d background try universal rocks. Universal rocks makes much more affordable backgrounds that still look pretty good. in my opinion no other company makes backgrounds as good looking as aquadecor does.

Katreno101
Yeah... I'm so discouraged because of how expensive they are.

Also I'm so sorry I used screenshots!!!! I would share the url but every time I make a copy past it just takes you to the home page!!! I'm not trying to copyright!!!

And I don't know anyone I can just take a photo of theirs

Seth15
Also I'm so sorry I used screenshots!!!! I would share the url but every time I make a copy past it just takes you to the home page!!! I'm not trying to copyright!!!

Don't be sorry, I'm sure you weren't trying to copyright. Don't be discouraged about getting a 3d background, maybe you could find a more affordable one.

DDawg
You could try your luck at making one with styrafoam and cement. There are tons of videos for how to do it on YouTube. Unfortunately I would say you will never get it to look like an aquadecor backround.

Katreno101
You could try your luck at making one with styrafoam and cement. There are tons of videos for how to do it on YouTube. Unfortunately I would say you will never get it to look like an aquadecor backround.
I can get the shape down but its painting it that's the problem.

bzambo66
Is it true that the cheapest 3d background I can get for a 65 gallon is around $260? Yikes! I can't afford that bad boy.

And man I really want it!

Tol
Hey Katreno101, I feel your pain, not everyone can easily buy an aquadecor background. If you want a good looking 3d background try universal rocks. Universal rocks makes much more affordable backgrounds that still look pretty good. in my opinion no other company makes backgrounds as good looking as aquadecor does.

Universal Rocks has some neat stuff. Thanks for mentioning these guys, I had never heard of them before.

ehowe
I have a Universal Rocks background () that was much more affordable. I'm pretty happy with it.

AmStatic
I have a Jungle Bobs/Aquamaniac 3d for my 55, and before that my 20. It does not require siliconing, and you can drop it into an existing tank. It does not float. Fits to size. Many different styles and thicknesses and looks.

20180806_205021_HDR-ANIMATION.gif

Tol
Nice! I was just about to ask if anyone had tried Jungle Bob backgrounds, hit refresh and saw that.

Culprit
Jungle Bobs seems to have very good backgrounds for cheap, but you gotta remember... if its built out of quality material on a 150 galln tank, that's an aweful lot of material.

AmStatic
Nice! I was just about to ask if anyone had tried Jungle Bob backgrounds, hit refresh and saw that.
Yes! Big fan. Super easy to work with, you can call them on the phone (I have several times!) and you can order online and have it across the country in days.

Yes! Big fan. Super easy to work with, you can call them on the phone (I have several times!) and you can order online and have it across the country in days.
FYI.. even though the "Amazon" version eats up tank width in places, I prefer the look and the ability to put pipes and powerheads behind it for good water movement. I had one in my 20 for 2 years and only took the background out once.. it was clean behind it.. a little film on the heater was about all

Jungle Bobs seems to have very good backgrounds for cheap, but you gotta remember... if its built out of quality material on a 150 galln tank, that's an aweful lot of material.
The Jungle Bobs come in sections for larger tanks so you can get them in place.. there are weird clips in the back.

There is a seam with foam between sections which helps with water movement .. I've hidden it behind the tall stupid plastic plant in the middle and do hope to find an alternative at some point.

Katreno101
Guys this is what I got from universal rocks. What do you think? The plants look meh so I need to find a good quality place for real looking fakes. Cause cichlids love to ruin live plants

Attachments

• 20180815_172525.jpg
    20180815_172525.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
bzambo66
I like it a lot! What size tank is that again? I was going to order the thin one from universal rocks because it seems a lot cheaper.

AmStatic
Guys this is what I got from universal rocks. What do you think? The plants look meh so I need to find a good quality place for real looking fakes. Cause cichlids love to ruin live plants
Your cichlids are going to POP against that gray rock background! Nice!

My bigbox pet store actually has some decent silk-ish plants, but my local aquarium shop doesn't carry a large supply of fakies..

The question is of course if your cichs will dislodge the fakies even faster!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cooperbh
Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
CTYankee79
Replies
Views