39 gallon

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like that cool looking arch you put together! That shrimp is really pretty too! I have a couple Peppermint Shrimp - not as brightly colored as yours, and if I don't look for them in their cave hideouts I only see them when they smelll dinner or when they scour the rocks at night. The chromis are nice too - one of the most peaceful fish of the damsel family. Looks like you had a big snail in there too - is it a Turban snail or ???

altitude

Reaction score
yep there is 3 of them in there
i also have 2 snorkel snails and a 4 astaria and i think the total hermet crabs is at 10 now and five of them are the hawiian kind with the zebra stripes

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cool tank. how much live rock do you plan to put in the tank? Where did you find your shrimp? He's a beauty!

altitude

Reaction score
i got the shrimp at a local saltwater fish shop.. ita a great place, the guy that owns it has a free public aquarium just to help get people interested in the saltwater hobby
im not sure how much total rock i will put in but im going to order about 30lbs of it to get the base set up then build from there with corals

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
altitude said:
i got the shrimp at a local saltwater fish shop.. ita a great place, the guy that owns it has a free public aquarium just to help get people interested in the saltwater hobby
im not sure how much total rock i will put in but im going to order about 30lbs of it to get the base set up then build from there with corals
I'm jealous! in our little town, all i can find is a small selection of fish at petco (ours never seems to have anemone). Funny, being in FL, but that's the small town thing. well, when we're ready for the saltwater plunge, we'll find a place we can drive to (might be cheaper than shipping if we get everything we need in 1 trip.)

I love the live rock! It's great to see what you will get on yours, i'm looking forward to that when we do our 1st Saltwater tank - look forward to pics of what you get in your rock too.

Do you have plans to add any anemone? I've seen some amazing corals & look forward to seeing which ones you choose. The tanks coming along great and we look forward to seeing it's progress as the aquatic life is added and developed.

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the peppermint shrimp! I saw one of those at the lfs last time I was there, and I thought it was so cool.

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the arch....nice touch!!!

JGoldinger

Reaction score
Watch out when you add 30 pounds of live rock to a tank. When you add that much with as little as you have now it will make your tank cycle all over again!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks nice . How do you like your bio-wheel filter in the Saltwater tank? Do you have the wheels in still?

If you buy fully cured rock you won't have any cycled really, though it's hard to know it's cured.

altitude

Reaction score
the biowheel is working well and i still have the wheels in it.. this is the 3rd Saltwater tank ive had one in they seem to do pretty well but i still need to get a protine skimmer

the place where i get most of my Saltwater life and equipment is a local shop and the owner is trust worthy.. he has cured and non cured live rock and yea im still toying with the anonme idea

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice. I wish I had a saltwater tank like that.
Tom

altitude

Reaction score
thanks i just got a power compact light system for the tank today.. 24 inch set and also a new powerhead the tank is looking pretty sweet now ill get some pics up with the new light soon

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You can buy mounting legs, how many wats is it?

altitude

Reaction score
ive been looking at some mounts for it online... it is 65wats each bulb
it is not the same length as the tank so im not sure if the legs will work

bmRboY

Valued Member
Reaction score
Beautiful job! From start to finish.... Nothing beats setting up a new aquarium.... ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice, where's the pulsing xenia? Green zoo's are gorgeous, I'm still trying to find some in a OK price range. The brown one's you have are prety too

altitude

Reaction score
thanks for the comments
the tank is doing really well ive added some more purple zoos and i fnally got my xenia to attach to a nice rock
also i picked up a mated pair of cinamon clowns they are awesome i will try to get some pics up today after i do a little algae clean up

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Great looking additions to your tank ! Your going to love the maroon clowns. ;D I can hand feed mine. Are they the same size ?

bmRboY

Valued Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
altitude said:
im not sure how much total rock i will put in   but im going to order about 30lbs of it to get the base set up   then build from there with corals
I'm jealous! in our little town, all i can find is a small selection of fish at petco (ours never seems to have anemone).  Funny, being in FL, but that's the small town thing.  well, when we're ready for the saltwater plunge, we'll find a place we can drive to (might be cheaper than shipping if we get everything we need in 1 trip.)

I love the live rock! It's great to see what you will get on yours, i'm looking forward to that when we do our 1st Saltwater tank - look forward to pics of what you get in your rock too.
Whereabouts are you in Florida? I've got an uncle living in Jacksonville.... Talk about small town...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom