38 stocking adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Alright, I made a post about this awhile ago, but now that I know what my filtration will be, I feel like I can more confidently ask if I can add these fish.
I have an Aqueon 40 (or whatever, it's the one that's like extra quiet) and I'm going to cut out a hole in my hood and add a second filter, fluval 50. This will bring my total GPH up to 400.
That being said, current stock is:
3 mystery snails
1 nerite snail
6 Julii Cory catfish
1 Asian bumblebee catfish
4 platies
2 pearl gouramis
1 female betta(completely non-aggressive)
I want to add:
8 harlequin rasboras
10 Amano shrimp
1 bamboo shrimp
And either two more Julii cories or 6 ottos. Unless I can have both.
Thoughts? The harlequins are what I really want, but if I can add some more cories on top of that it would be nice.

EDIT: I should add that this tank is heavily planted and now getting fertilizer and will soon be getting a lighting upgrade so it's about to go NUTS. This might limit swimming room, so less active fish are better. I don't know if the harlequins are active or not.

Last edited:
OP
kidster9700

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm going to bump again because seriously, I think this is okay but I know nothing about the rasboras so I'm unsure if that many will be fine. Is the bio load high?

OP
kidster9700

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
this tank is slowly becoming more and more epic. filtration upgrades within a few days, new aquascaping and lighting upgrades in two weeks! and i'll be getting the harlequins shortly after! oh man, this thing is seriously awesome. i mean, its a huge money investment at this point, but totally worth it. new lighting and filtration will put me at around $500 so far. depending on how many plants, and the price of the harlequins, that might get me up to $600 :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom