38 stocking adjustments

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by kidster9700, Jul 27, 2015.

1. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

Alright, I made a post about this awhile ago, but now that I know what my filtration will be, I feel like I can more confidently ask if I can add these fish.
    I have an Aqueon 40 (or whatever, it's the one that's like extra quiet) and I'm going to cut out a hole in my hood and add a second filter, fluval 50. This will bring my total GPH up to 400.
    That being said, current stock is:
    3 mystery snails
    1 nerite snail
    6 Julii Cory catfish
    1 Asian bumblebee catfish
    4 platies
    2 pearl gouramis
    1 female betta(completely non-aggressive)
    I want to add:
    8 harlequin rasboras
    10 Amano shrimp
    1 bamboo shrimp
    And either two more Julii cories or 6 ottos. Unless I can have both.
    Thoughts? The harlequins are what I really want, but if I can add some more cories on top of that it would be nice.

EDIT: I should add that this tank is heavily planted and now getting fertilizer and will soon be getting a lighting upgrade so it's about to go NUTS. This might limit swimming room, so less active fish are better. I don't know if the harlequins are active or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

bump?

3. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

I'm going to bump again because seriously, I think this is okay but I know nothing about the rasboras so I'm unsure if that many will be fine. Is the bio load high?

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I would say the bioload is fine. What are the dimensions of the tank?

5. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

It's a standard 38. I think 36"x18"x20"

6. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

this tank is slowly becoming more and more epic. filtration upgrades within a few days, new aquascaping and lighting upgrades in two weeks! and i'll be getting the harlequins shortly after! oh man, this thing is seriously awesome. i mean, its a huge money investment at this point, but totally worth it. new lighting and filtration will put me at around $500 so far. depending on how many plants, and the price of the harlequins, that might get me up to $600 :0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice