38 Gallon (36" x 12" x ~ 18") (L x W x H) stocking suggestions.

Mike999

Hello folks,

Current stock:
12 - 1" Odessa Barbs (purchased in last 2 months)
1 - 3" Giant danio (~ 4 years old, left over from previous setup)
1 - 2.5" Kribenis (~ 3 years old, stays in his pvc pipe, most of the time).
1 - 2" Albino BN (purchased in last 2 months)

1 - AquaClear 50
1 - Tetra Whisper 40

Tank behavior: the giant danio and kribensis both like to dart at the barbs occasionally, but the barbs are very fast and the brief chase is over quickly. Kribensis and Giant danio like to test each other but no harm done.

I love Odessa barbs and would really like to have them be the theme of this aquarium.
Within 1-2 weeks I'll have a new glass aquarium hood + led light strip for growing anubias/ferns/moss/whatever low light demanding plants the Odessa barbs might enjoy.

I am inclined to think this is now at peak stock, but I'm certainly willing to re-home both the giant danio &/or Kribensis if needed.

Unless the other Odessa barb males are being submissive, only 1 of the 12 Odessa barbs seems to be completely in full colour. I'm thinking the others are immature or female.
Question: I know my local aquarium shop has some nice male specimens, would 3 more be pushing it?

New photo by M Fishing

Amazoniantanklvr

Yes, you could add 3 more. I'd rehome the giant daino because they are a shoaling fish. If the krib is fine with the OB right them s/he should should be fine with a few more. Good luck! Can I get a pic of the tank??

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GazFerg
Replies
Views
Sarah73
Replies
Views
Brizburk
Replies
Views