37g Stocking Double Check Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Lacey D, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Lacey D

Lacey DWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +859
    Experience:
    Just started
    I have a well established 37g tall, with a concrete backdrop and a lot of plants.
    Current conditions-- 75-76 degrees; pH 7.8 (trying to get it down closer to 7), cycled (0/0/5).
    Current stock--10-12 endler males. 6-7 endler fry and juveniles. 6 or 7 kuhli loaches (started with 7, but can only spot 6 at a time now). 4 juvenile bristlenose plecos (will be reduced to two as they mature). A ton of snails.
    This tank had a betta in it until recently, but she is committed to eating herself to death, so was removed. It also had female endler, but I had a bout of Livebearer Wasting Disease which solely affected the females. I treated it, but not before I lost enough that the sex balance was thrown WAY off and I removed the remainder to my predominately female setup.

I have the opportunity to buy 6 mature red-eye tetras from a club member for $16. They are an established school, lived with plecos before without issues. The seller says "I currently have them in a 46 gallon tank and have never noticed any aggressive behavior besides the sparing among themselves. I did have plecos in this tank as well and they left them alone. The Red Eye's in my tank are pretty much just middle swimmers and do not venture around much outside these parameters."

Do you think these are a good fit for my aquarium? I know they will probably make a snack of the fry, which I'm not too upset about because I do have hundreds more endler.

Attached Files:

2. nikm128

nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,152
    Experience:
    5 years
    Looks good

3. OP
    OP
    Lacey D

Lacey DWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +859
    Experience:
    Just started
    *lol* turned out to be a moot point. Since I took a day to respond, the seller went with the next person who was interested. It's actually a relief as much as a disappointment, since now I don't have to worry about stocking But now I have an idea for another species which might work in this setup when I am looking for more variety, and after I rehome two of the bn plecos <3