37 gallon - Too Much Gph?

Nickguy5467
I currently have an Aqueon quietflow 50 and a Fluval 50 ( the flow on that thing looks nothing like the Aqueons)runnin in my 37 gallon. Everything looks fine but I'm going to replace the Fluval with another Aqueon quietflow either 30 or 50. . 250 gph on the aqueon50
Are there any problems
with that?

Edit: the fluval 50 I actually have no idea what the power is on it or even find it online. There was a hand-me-down and on top of that filter it says Fluval 50 that's all I know

Thunder_o_b
I have 800 GPH in this 37. A 350 GPH HOB, a HOB that I am guessing is over 100 GPH and a 350 canister..

_MG_8575-Edit.0.jpg

Nickguy5467
I currently have an Aqueon quietflow 50 and a Fluval 50 ( the flow on that thing looks nothing like the Aqueons)runnin in my 37 gallon. Everything looks fine but I'm going to replace the Fluval with another Aqueon quietflow either 30 or 50. . 250 gph on the aqueon50
Are there any problems
with that?

Edit: the fluval 50 I actually have no idea what the power is on it or even find it online. There was a hand-me-down and on top of that filter it says Fluval 50 that's all I know
So you're tanks all that flow looks fine? Guess I could get another 250 then just worried about accidentally adding too much flow in the tank

I have 800 GPH in this 37. A 350 GPH HOB, a HOB that I am guessing is over 100 GPH and a 350 canister..
View attachment 479070
Great, I just realized I replied to myself so you're tank flow is fine? I'm just worried about too much flow in my tank

Thunder_o_b
So you're tanks all that flow looks fine? Guess I could get another 250 then just worried about accidentally adding too much flow in the tank

There are a lot of variables to water flow. I have a good amount of structure in there with the plants and wood, so you do not have a swirling vortex. Also the HOB's are waterfalls. They have a gentler flow than the canister.

The guppies seem to like the flow from the canister as they spend most of their time in it.

I strive for at least 10x the water column. But it depends who is living in the aquarium. The 150 only has 1,420 GPH flow because of the school of glass cats in it.

Nickguy5467
There are a lot of variables to water flow. I have a good amount of structure in there with the plants and wood, so you do not have a swirling vortex. Also the HOB's are waterfalls. They have a gentler flow than the canister.

The guppies seem to like the flow from the canister as they spend most of their time in it.

I strive for at least 10x the water column. But it depends who is living in the aquarium. The 150 only has 1,420 GPH flow because of the school of glass cats in it.
wow many how you get so many plants? looks expensive

Thunder_o_b
wow many how you get so many plants? looks expensive
There is a cost involved. But several of my plants are many generations descendant from the originals. The crypts are from two plants I bought many years ago. I have them in several aquariums now and have to thin them out more than I would like to.

Nickguy5467
There is a cost involved. But several of my plants are many generations descendant from the originals. The crypts are from two plants I bought many years ago. I have them in several aquariums now and have to thin them out more than I would like to.
I was hoping it would be as easy as planting one plant and letting it seed around my tank. I guess it doesn't work like that? T_T

Thunder_o_b
I was hoping it would be as easy as planting one plant and letting it seed around my tank. I guess it doesn't work like that? T_T

It depends on the plant. Java ferns, Anubis, crypts can be very easy but still should be fed. Plants like the Madagascar lace and the red myrio you see there take a bit more effort and the proper lighting.

Massalo85
More flow the better to get the waste to the filter pads and get the water to the BB. I have over 2000gph closer to 3000gph I think on my 210g

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
rmurray
Replies
Views