37 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Fishyboy05, Dec 21, 2012.

1. F

Fishyboy05 Valued Member Member

So I went out and bought and bought e a 37 gallon tank! Unfortunately, I can't open it till Xmas!! But I'd like to run this stocking buy y'all
    10 neon tetras
    6 rumynose tetras
    2 pearl gouramis
    1 apistogramma agazii blue
    1 German blue ram
    4 panda Cory cats
    3 fancy guppys
    And could I add an angel If he was a baby ad grew upon the tank? So is there any way I could add either
    1 male swordtail
    1 eclipse catfish
    1 bn pleco
    4 neon tetras
    And I plan in cycling with zebra danios them trading em in. So how many zebras?

2. W

WetWork Valued Member Member

Why not do a fishless cycle?

I dont know how compatible those gouramis are with the apistos and rams. I would take away the two gouramis and do 6 corys. They do better in groups of 6.

3. OP
    OP
    F

Well I really want fish in immediately! And as for the gourami, anyone else wanna lend advice? And any other input?

4. bankruptjojo

bankruptjojo Fishlore VIP Member

fish in cycle takes a lot longer and you have to do daily water changes every day. not to mention its still stressful on the fish. if you really have to have them in try tetra safe start. but i have always done a fishless cycle myself.

i would deff not do 2 gouramis, they prob will fight in a tank that small. what are the exact measurements of the tank? that could make a big difference.

im not sure rams and apistos will get along.

corys need at least 6 but 10 being much better. same with the neons and rummys, they can be very timid and one big school would make them feel much better. id only get one kind but its up to you.

5. OP
    OP
    F

30x12x22
    I was told by my lfs they do better in male female pairs

6. bankruptjojo

You can try both gourami if u want but there is a chance they will fight. Just watch out for aggression and be ready to return one. Honey gouramis would work much better, there more peaceful.

7. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

Your tank is far too small to house ALL of these fish. Far, far too small... and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

8. bankruptjojo

Deff not all of them. The top list is OK but I would only pick one school either rummy or neon. I would only do the apisto or the ram and only one gourami. And up the corys.

9. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I agee for the most part. The top list is okay but could be tweaked a bit. You may have trouble with both cichlids, you may not. There's really only one way to find out. I also agree on one gourami, though I would not recommend keeping one pearl. They are group oriented fish.

10. bankruptjojo

O I thought pearls could be by themselves sorry. If u want more gourami u can do honey gouramis.

11. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

They CAN be. But, they like the company of their own kind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice