37 gallon stocking ideas?

tatoflewaround

I plan on planting the tank with some hard scaping. I was thinking a community tank with 2-3 species. Please and thank you for the help!

AcornTheBetta

tatoflewaround said:
I plan on planting the tank with some hard scaping. I was thinking a community tank with 2-3 species. Please and thank you for the help!
This is 2 but maybe a school of cardinal tetras and a school of sterbai corys. They would require 75-82 degrees F.

treesap

What theme are you going for and what plants?
I personally recommend the Cardinals Tetras since they do well in any tank.

Fishcat

Think about what you like. This is your tank and it should make you happy. Look at some pictures and videos. Start getting a feel for what appeals to you.
Do you like the idea of little fish darting in and out of plants? Something larger and colorful? Maybe catfish are your favorites? Is there one fish you absolutely have to have, no question?

ElysiumPlants

Fishcat said:
Think about what you like. This is your tank and it should make you happy. Look at some pictures and videos. Start getting a feel for what appeals to you.
Do you like the idea of little fish darting in and out of plants? Something larger and colorful? Maybe catfish are your favorites? Is there one fish you absolutely have to have, no question?
This has to be one of the best pieces of advice OP is going to get. I’m a horticulturist. Get customers all the time who ask me what plants will look good in their space and I’m like, “that’s not for me to say. I don’t have to look at it. You do. I’m here to tell you what will or won’t thrive under those conditions. I hate crotons. If crotons will work where you want to put them and your heart sings when you look at them, that’s the right plant.”

@OP Personally, I’m totally into shrimp. You can stock your tank way heavier than you can with fish, they’ll actually clean your tank, they come in ALL the colors, and they’re way entertaining to watch.

That’s just me, though.

Top Bottom