37 gal with 10gal sump

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmer' started by SteierFoam, Apr 5, 2010.

1. S

SteierFoam New Member Member

I am currently starting a brand new 37 gal tank with a 10 gal sump, I am new to the salt water gig and need recommendations on a protien skimmer. I want the smallest, due to 10 gallon sump, but most effective protein skimmer with $200, any ideas?

2. ATP

ATP Well Known Member Member

BAK_PAK 2 Skimmers :) lol I allready suggested this

some others:
    ASM Mini-G Skimmer-  
    SWC Xtreme 120 cone (spend like 50 bucks more and get this powerflu skimmer)-  
    Vertex 80-  
    Reef Octopus Needle Wheel-  

Most of this skimmers are good skimmer and requires space. That's why I said go with th fuge only and HOB skimmer or you could just do a sump and no fuge. You could also do an outsite sump fuge. It's a sperate containers only for a refugim.

3. OP
    OP
    S

SteierFoam New Member Member

Thanks again ATP, I'm just still new and trying to desipher all of the information. A sump only might be the way to go, I think i'm gunna purchase A nice skimmer, and return pump, and throw them in my tank and see if i can squeeze in a refug. If i can't like you said, it is hard to rig up a seperate refugium chamber? Would i be able to just do a mini overflow into the return pump chamber of the sump? I would also just split the overflow drain from the main tank to drain in skimmer and seperate refuge... but hom will i get water from seperate refuge back to return chamber in sump?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice