36 gallon stocking ideas

Ellie2024

Reaction score
I have a 36 gallon and all my fish passed from a bad case of ich. I treated the tank as often as I could and I don’t know how it got so bad. It has been a month with no fish and only 2 snails and 3 shrimp. I have been wanting to get a puffer but I don’t know if that is a good idea because I want a half planted (in the back) and the front to be a community tank. Any ideas?

zorianak

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Puffers won't do well in a community tank IMO, especially not with your shrimp or snails. They're cute, but better off on their own. I have a 36g as well that I plan to have a pair of GBRs (NOT really a community fish FYI!), and a myriad of different tetras.

Depends on what you want. I like a good, thick backdrop of plants with a small swimming area in the front. Right now I'm enjoying the antics from ~10 Harlequin rasbora, ~6 neon tetras (half of The Crew died recently - most were several years old and I'm waiting to replenish), ~5 danios, and a mix of some micro rasboras. I also have 2 "test" GBRs in there, but admittedly not quite enough plants for them :)

I think that a good mix of different tetras (neons, maybe some glo-lite) and rasbora (harlequins, for example) look great. Perhaps you could toss in a pair of GouramI as well

New Threads