36 gallon for sliver dollar fish?

TanksForTalking2Me
Is 36 gallons too small for silver dollars? At PetSmart they have sliver dollars that always look so sick, one day I would really love to rescue those guys and give them a loving home. It would be a tank only for them. I won't do this unless my tank is big enough to make a few sliver dollars happy.
I love these guys so much, please let me know if I can save them!
I will not get them if they won't live a good life in my size of tank, I understand they get big.

carsonsgjs
Shorkie said:
Is 36 gallons too small for silver dollars? At PetSmart they have sliver dollars that always look so sick, one day I would really love to rescue those guys and give them a loving home. It would be a tank only for them. I won't do this unless my tank is big enough to make a few sliver dollars happy.
I love these guys so much, please let me know if I can save them!
I will not get them if they won't live a good life in my size of tank, I understand they get big.
Id have said not, unfortunately. They do grow to be fairly big, and are a schooling fish. Id have said double that tank size, perhaps a little more, would be about right for a group.

TanksForTalking2Me
carsonsgjs said:
Id have said not, unfortunately. They do grow to be fairly big, and are a schooling fish. Id have said double that tank size, perhaps a little more, would be about right for a group.
Ok thanks! I hope I can get a bigger tank one day, maybe a 55 or larger. Then I can get these guys hopefully.

SotaAquatics
If you are looking for similar stock that would work better in a 36, you could always try White Cloud Minnows. I was never a fan seeing just pictures of them, then I saw them in person, and wow! They were much more impressive looking then I had thought and could get a decent school in a 36. There is also a long fin strain of white cloud minnows which I will be going for some day.

TanksForTalking2Me
That's a good idea, I think I should try that some day. I like how they are active fish, like danios.

Top Bottom