36 gallon bowfront

escapay

I'm looking for some advice on the aquascape of my 36 gallon bowfront.

^ As of Jan 2nd

The things I would like fixed for sure is the crushed coral bag - I could potentially have that moved to a canister filter... I just need that up and running. The filter on the left (AquaClear 70) has a tendency to let plants, namely the tall Cryptocoryne spiralis, get caught in the intake.

Fish - 1 Angelfish, 6 Rummynose Tetra (will increase to 12), and will get Panda Cory Cats (maybe put Kuhlis in too)

Plant species in aquarium (background from left to right) - Cryptocoryne spiralis***, Balansae, Watersprite, Giant Bacopa. (Mid-ground, left to right) - Compact Amazon Sword**, Cryptocoryne walkerI var. lutea*, Ludwigia repens

* Also foreground
** Doesn't really grow... this plant I am not attached to at all and I've not had success with them in this tank or in the other tank that has fluorite/gravel mix w/ root tab as substrate.
*** Has main part and then two runners that have not been separated yet.

Final note - I have tried driftwood (I think it was mopani) but made a mess compared to what the plants do. I don't think I would like to try that again with sand as a substrate.

beginner

do you have a backround? I think tanks look better with a light colored background.

Dlondon95

I have the same tank as you do and I find it very difficult to find an aqua scape that I like with it. I'm not sure why. Maybe because of the bowed front.

Maybe try getting some smaller plant species, like some dwarf sag or some java ferns.

escapay

beginner said:
do you have a backround? I think tanks look better with a light colored background.
Yep, the background is solid black. I originally had a decorated background (with greenery and driftwood) but decided for something more plain since I have the plants.

Dlondon - I could do Dwarf Sag. It is one of the species I've been thinking about. Not sure whether I can do Java Ferns since I do not have anywhere they can attach to - plus lighting is dual T5HO, which might be a little too intense for them. Thanks for reminding me about the Sagittarias though.

AnthonyC4C

Its tough to find one that isn't cheesey... I honestly just like the stacked slate because it helps with elongating my tanks look and its simple and basic. Your tank looks great just the way it is though!

escapay

AnthonyC4C said:
Its tough to find one that isn't cheesey... I honestly just like the stacked slate because it helps with elongating my tanks look and its simple and basic. Your tank looks great just the way it is though!
Thanks! I don't think I would want to do a new background just because it is a pain to take it off and put a new one up.

I did find Dwarf Sag at my LFS though. I might try that out.

AnthonyC4C

Oh I agree with you there, it is definitely a pain...

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom