36 gallon bowfront Tank Stocking

FishKeeper44

Would this stocking work in a 36 gallon bowfront aquarium?
3 Amazon Pufferfish
8 khuli loaches
10 rummy nose tetras
Please let me know if this would be overstocked or if I could adjust the numbers and make it work better or if it can't work at all.
TIA

Noroomforshoe

I know that bee puffers are often listed as being peacefull. But that is still just "peaceful when compared to an entire tank of fish eating fish" .

It seems to me that the bee Puffer would really thrive in a 55 gallon, 48 inch long tank in a propper school of 6 or more. With fast-moving tank mates such as danios or rainbow fish. You will need to feed the puffers snails in shells. Loaches will be after the snails as well, so they may but heads, and there is no doubt who would win the fight.

Sorry to be a downer.

Upvote 0

FishKeeper44

Ok, thank you! They would need a larger tank then what I can provide then. However, khuli loaches don't eat snails, mine live with young mysteries and do fine.

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

I have had a lot of loaches, just not kuhlies, but I often read that kuhlies eat snails, and sometimes I read that they don't. I wonder if the kuhlies will start eating snails when they get bigger? or maybe it's just an individual fish doing individual fish thing. either way, I hope your snails do well. snails are cool!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Freshfishguy
Replies
Views
angsess78
  • Question
Replies
Views