36 Gallon - 2 male dwarf gourami - has anyone had luck?

Strider1520

I THOUGHT I had done some research on dwarf gourami's but now realize I didnt (after reading information here). I thought that the males got aggressive with each other if there were females in the tank as well. So, I got two male dwarfs (the normal striped dwarfs). There has not been any visible aggression that I can tell as yet. The tank has a ton of plants and other places for them to hide. Yesterday and today I noticed one has taken to hiding a lot in plants (between the vals and octopus plants and the back glass). They are both eating well and when he does come out, they usually swim together - not chasing each other. But usually after eating, he goes back behind plants.

They have been in the tank for 5 days now. No real aggression that I can see.

I now have this horror that I should not have gotten the two and wont be able to return one for the next two weeks if I had to. My question is, has anyone had luck with two males together? Most threads I have read here sounded like it wasnt going to end well with two males. They seem to get along as of now and the second male actually only started hiding after I did a water change and added a little "sand river" for the corys. He may be upset with the additional brightness of the white sand in part of the tank.

Anyway, just curious if ANYONE has had luck with two male dwarf gourami's in a 36 gallon tank. It is a community tank and there has not been any major aggression with tank mates either. One does chase after a danio now and then but it appears to be more play than aggression and 50% of the time, it is initiated by the danio.

ProudPapa

I haven't tried to keep multiples, but if they're young it will probably be okay if you wait the two weeks, like you said, and then return one. At least that's what I'd recommend.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Dwarf Gourami bubble nest
Replies
Views
Livebearer08
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views