36 Gal Bowfront stocking list

Ir3land

Hi fish peeps! I’ve been doing some research and I think I came up with an official stocking list of fish for my 36 Gal, I wanted to post it here for some good old feedback, and for any potential information that I may have missed on any of these species compatibilities. I used AqAdvisor to help me as well.
1 Pineapple Swordtail
7 Neon Tetras
1 Mickey Mouse Platy
5 Glo-fish Long Finned Tetra
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
6 Albino Corydoras

Attachments

• D79548B5-EBEE-4BF2-872E-CAB1EF893234.png
    D79548B5-EBEE-4BF2-872E-CAB1EF893234.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 19

SouthAmericanCichlids

I don't trust aquadvisor. You could have about 10 of each school. And then a few more platies.

Upvote 0

Ir3land

I don't trust aquadvisor. You could have about 10 of each school. And then a few more platies.
I was thinking about that, especially schoolers. I’ll definitely consider it, thanks!

Upvote 0

Broggy

that sounds good. but having a single platy here, and a single swordtail there just because you can, isn't necessary. I think that stocking would work.

I don't trust advisor either, they don't consider if your tank has live plants, which I use in my aquariums.

Upvote 0

Ir3land

that sounds good. but having a single platy here, and a single swordtail there just because you can, isn't necessary. I think that stocking would work.

I don't trust advisor either, they don't consider if your tank has live plants, which I use in my aquariums.
I actually have a single swordtail in a 10 Gal! Would you recommend maybe more swords or platys if I were to add some? And I also use live plants, I never though about the advisor not taking that into account, good thinking!

Upvote 0

Broggy

I actually have a single swordtail in a 10 Gal! Would you recommend maybe more swords or platys if I were to add some? And I also use live plants, I never though about the advisor not taking that into account, good thinking!
oh all right, I don't want to tell you to get rid of your swordtail. you could get 2 or 3 females if you want to breed them. you can get platys if you want, but I think the swordtails are pretty cool by themselves.

pineapple swordtails sound fancy, im going to have to research them.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

I would suggest moving the swordtail from your 10g to this new tank. They really need more space.

Upvote 0

Ir3land

oh all right, I don't want to tell you to get rid of your swordtail. you could get 2 or 3 females if you want to breed them. you can get platys if you want, but I think the swordtails are pretty cool by themselves.

pineapple swordtails sound fancy, im going to have to research them.
I suppose, I’ll definitely think and do some more research on platys and swordtails! And they are amazing! I kinda got them cause of their name, back when I was super naive. I’ll attach a link to a pic of mine here!
I would suggest moving the swordtail from your 10g to this new tank. They really need more space.
I 100% agree with you. That’s been the plan since day 1 and it’s not changing anytime soon!

Attachments

• 85DBC459-7BF9-4F72-8596-11B6E07D2D94.jpeg
    85DBC459-7BF9-4F72-8596-11B6E07D2D94.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
connorjs1004
  • Question
Replies