36 Bowfront Lighting Help

1. fishman'iac

fishman'iac Valued Member Member

Hi all, a couple months ago I got into live plants, and now they’re beginning to get brown on the edges and in general don’t look healthy. My light now is the one that came with the tank - I’ll include a picture. I don’t know if it brings me to low light at all.. it seems pretty weak. Could you recommend a light for me. It’s 21 inches high.
    Image1529891096.813110.jpg
    Or maybe this one is sufficient for low light plants? I don’t have a difference... thank you

2. BlackNotebookTanks

BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Its a little weak but bullet proof plants like anubias should be fine. Ive seen them survive in a lot less. What plants do you have?

3. OP
    OP
    fishman'iac

Amazon sword, melon sword, anubias nana, and java fern. But I’m planning on stuffing it full of plants.. jungle, Italian,and corkscrew Val,pearl weed, java moss,anacharis and a lot that require low to medium lighting. I’m dosing ferts but no co2. What kind of light would penetrate 21 inches ? Under 70$.

The one I have now has very poor coverage on the front and back-another reason to get a better one!

4. OP
    OP
    fishman'iac

Could anyone help me? I’d love finnex but have no clue what to buy. Beam works looks great too. Would 7000k(don’t know if I’m getting it right here) be enough? Without an algae mess or having to dose co2.

Would they work with a plexiglass top, or would it melt? Thanks for any help here...