36 Bow Front Stocking

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm setting up a 36 gallon bow front and I'm going to seed it with media from a tank that's well over a year old.

I was thinking 10-12 glass catfish, neons or rasboras (really just want something with color), cory cats, and a bristlenose. Possibly some shrimp later on.

I know glasscats need an established tank so I'm adding them last and making sure all the water parameters are ok. I also have 2 aquaclear 50s going for more water flow for the glasscats. How many neons or rasboras can go in the tank. What else would you suggest?

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glasscats would likely do best if you let the tank run for an extra month or two with other fish before putting them in. Part of a well established tank is an abundance of beneficial bacteria.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Katie13 said:
Glasscats would likely do best if you let the tank run for an extra month or two with other fish before putting them in. Part of a well established tank is an abundance of beneficial bacteria.
I plan on putting them in last. It will probably be 2 months. Would rasboras or neons do better? Is there another fish that is colorful and active instead of those 2 fish?

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Anders247 said:
Black neon tetras?
What do you want for a centerpiece fish?
Are you going to have a bottom dwelling school like cories or loaches?
I am getting a dwarf gourami as a centerpiece fish. I was going to do a school of about 8 corys.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Anders247 said:
You could do a bolivian ram or rainbow cichlid for the bottom 'centerpiece' IMO.
I love the way rams look. I'll look in to those. What schooling fish can go with the glass cats.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom