35 gallon tall journal.

Brp933

1-28-21: rescaped my 35g tall yestetday.
Used some seiryu stone and cholla wood for hardscape.
Fluval stratum for substrate.
Plant stock is currently:
Java fern windelov,
Bacopa caroliniana red,
Anubias( cant remember the variant)
Italian valisinaria,
Amazon sword,
Java moss and christmas moss.
Salvinia minima and frogbit.

I plan to stock this with
1xAngelfish
8x glowlight tetra( i have them in my 40g breeder, going to move them to make room for cardinals)
1x bn pleco, probably calico. i think this should be fine for a stocking level in this tank as it's housed 1xdwarf gourami
4x platy 6xglowlight tetra 6x neon tetra and 4 mystery snails with the same filter and airstone for over a year until i got lazy and crashed it by accident. Here's some pics of the rescape. If i can improve on anything i will. Water is still a tad hazy from moving things around, also this tank has no background currently so that doesn't help with the colors either.

Brp933

2-14-21
All plants are growing well but the bacopa caroliniana red. If it doesn't work out I'll probably get some other low light plant to replace it. Can't decide on a driftwood to give this tank some hight. Moved some salvinia minima from my 40 breeder to this tank as it's overgrowing my breeder.
Any advice on how to ship plants would be helpful as i feel I'm wasting a ton of salvinia weekly. Any insight on salvinia minima and eastern painted turtles would be helpful too. If it's safe for him to eat I'll put it in his 55g. Also added hobbit/lotr legos to the tank. I'm most excited about the sword plant starting to show daily growth. Hope this thing gets to the top of the tank or at least most of the way there in a few months. Anyways, here's the tank right now. I forgot to mention I'm floating a water sprite branch in here to see if it will root. If so ill plant it somewhere in here.

Brp933

Well....turns out this is a 50g tall...not a 35g...lol turns out the thrift shop i got it at made less cash than they could. After some much needed help from a member on here and tripple checking tank dimensions and math I've come to the conclusion this tank is 50g. Going to get a much larger hob( any suggestions are helpful, I'll probably start a thread asking about this) and a large piece of driftwood.
Stocking will probably be as follows
1x black angel
9x panda platy or 9x black emperor tetra
A school of corydoras
And 1xbn pleco. Maybe albino or calico.
I'll update my other thread about stocking this tank as well and get more opinions.
Very excited about this tank being larger as stocking options are now much more varried. Tank dimensions are
Hight: 25"
From top left to right: 31"
From top front to back: 21"
Back two glass panes are both: 22" forming the corner and the front 3 panes are all:13"
If this isn't a 50g tall please correct me but I'm 98% certain it is.

Brp933

Got a nice piece of spiderwood from my lfs.
Gives the tank some much needed hight to the scape as well as created a few cracks,caves and crevases for the eventual bn pleco. Going to get a larger filter next week and move the one from this to my 40 breeder if it'll fit. I feel the 3 sponge filters aren't going to be enough for what i want to do in that tank. Anyway, this is the tank as of now. Let me know what you guys think.

Brp933

2-28-21 I really wish i could change the name of this thread....would rather have it reflect the fact it's a 50g and not a 35g.
Anyway, after some advise on filtration i upgraded from a aqueon 40 hob to an aquaclear 50 hob with a 40 sponge filter below the hob run by a 60g tetra wisper airpump.
Plants are doing wonderful. Going to add some more anubias in a few weeks as i feell the wood need more green. I might start a thread asking what other plants might go well on this wood other than anubias or buce. The albino bn pleco i order from imperialtropicals should be here on Friday( this tank is fully cycled and full of plants, i used a cycled sponge and media from the previous filter in the new one to keep things going. ) can't wait. Going to name him "Azog the Defiler" the pale orc from the hobbit movies.
Since this is a 50g and not a 35 i was thinking of a final stock of
1x platinum angel
10x black phantom tetra
2x Bolivian or german rams, can't be hobbit themed with out dwarfs
And 1x bn pleco

I'll ask about this in my other thread but i feel there is more than enough space and sightline breaks for the pleco and rams at the bottom. The stonework has a cave system and I'll add another cave some how if need be but i think this stock will work. If i need to up the tetra school that isn't a problem either. Here is the tank after a water change and filter upgrade. Sponge filters are ugly but i love what airstones and bubbles add to a fish tank. It just makes it that much more visually pleasing.

emmykenzie

I love the tank! Azog the defiler is a fantastic name

Brp933

emmykenzie said:
I love the tank! Azog the defiler is a fantastic name
Especially because i expect him(or her) to ram through( defile) the legos and stem plants lolol.

Brp933

3-5-21 update: added the albino bn pleco as well as 2 anubias congesis, 2 anubias nana gold and 1 anubias gold coin. Going to give my platy away asap. Just don't want ljve bearers any more.
I want the final stock of this tank to be
1x platinum angel(gandalf)
10-15x black emperor tetra( orc army)
2x german blue rams(dwarfs)
1x albino bn pleco ( Azog the defiler, pale orc)
Here's a picture of the tank and azog. Active little buggar. Hard to snap a pic of. Can't wait for it to grow. Unsure if it's male or female but I'm happy with either. Just not big enough for the bristles yet.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom