35 Gallon Hex Situation

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my grandma recently passed away, and she had 35 gallon hexagonal tank. I am now inheriting it. It’s filled with guppies, some of which my uncle will take and some are going to the LFS. There is also some nice platies we are going to split between us. My father has three angel 2 males and one female. I was going to put one of the males into the 35. What else could go with the angel? Right now the filtration is an aqua-tech 40. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks!
@TexasDomer

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So you are looking to stock a 35 hex (dimensions?) around a male angelfish?
What the diameter of the tank perhaps restrict your options. Fish that like a lot of later swimming room probably won’t love this tank. The platys should be fine (I choose to go all male to avoid a baby explosion). You could probably add a school of temp compatible bottom dweller (Cory’s, or khuli loaches). What do you like the look of?

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The tank is at my grandmas house so I can’t get the dimensions right now. The platies are going to into my 29 gallon tank. I’m open to any suggestions on fish, so I don’t really have a preference.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I google the dimensions of a 35 hex, its only 23 inches at it's longest. 23x20. That is a very small footprint. If you want an angelfish, put it in the 29 instead. That gives them 7 extra inches of length. Yes angels like height, but not if it means they have less than two feet of length.

If you do put an angel in the 35 hex, a footprint of 23x20 does not give room for any other middle swimming fish in my opinion.

I am sorry about the loss of your grandma :-(

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It might just be easier to take one the males to the LFS. If I didn’t do angelfish in the 35, what would you stock it with? I really did not want to have any bigger fish in my 29. I’m also putting two cories into my 29 from her tank. One is an albino Cory and one is an emerald I think. I know I’ll probably have to bump up the numbers of the cories.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom