35 gal Tall Planted tank. What fish would you stock? Question

1. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

Okay guys this is a 35 gallon tall planted. 36"x12x22. The filter is an API Super clean 50 HOB. Community tank. Now you get to choose the fish to put in it. Which fish & how many. It's a blank slate. I'm considering all suggestions. I do like color & I've been researching Bolivian or Blue Rams. So please help me out and give me lots of suggestions. Also should I get a small wave maker or two?

Attached Files:

2. bescher Member Member

Depends if you like larger fish like swordtails ( or larger) or the smaller ones, guppies, tetras, some cory catfish, a octo or two. Small Pleco ( that doesn't get larger than 4 inches

3. bobthebadger53 Well Known Member Member

How about a pair of Bolivian rams, a school of rummynose tetras and some cories?

4. animalfreak Initiate Member

My ideal stocking for 35 Gallons:

3 lyretail mollies
    4 guppies
    4 short-finned mollies
    1 bristlenose pleco

Other stocking suggestions:

5 lyretail mollies (all males)
    4 platies (all males)
    4 corydoras

---OR---
    8 neon tetras
    8 cardinal tetras
    6 corydoras

You can tell I don't like to go anywhere near overstocking. Best wishes to you and your scaly friends!

5. Anthony10 Member Member

What I would do/

x5 Zebra Danio
    x5 Spotted Danio
    x2 Celestial Pearl Danio
    x3 White cloud

As you can see, I love danios! :D

Or you could do this:

x4 Cories
    x6 Neon Tetras
    x6 Hatchetfish
    x5 Ghost shrimp
    x1 Nerite snail

This way, you have bottom dwellers, fish for the middle, and fish for the top of the tank!

-Anthony

6. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I really like color. That's why I like the Rams. Not so much into little fish other than the neon tetra but they're tiny. I'd like something different looking.

7. Kindafishy Well Known Member Member

Rams tend to like a mature tank, so you might want to add them after a few months of having some other fish stocked first. Another gorgeous fish that can be added a little later are peacock gudgeons. Fancy guppies would be a great way to start out a tank, as well as mollies.

8. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I just found out my tank might be 40 gallons instead of 35. It's a custom tank and stand and the woman said she thought it was 35. The measurements are 36 long 12 deep and 22 tall. Someone on this website said the calculations came to 41 gallons. That should make a difference in my fish. I wanted fancy guppies so I'm getting a 3 gallon tank for my bedroom. Looks like I'm getting the fever again!

9. delta5 Well Known Member Member

Pick a yellow and a blue:

1 blue ram
    1 kenyi cichlid

pick barbs or tiger barbs:

6+ red glass barbs
    6+ tiger barbs / green tiger barbs

1 Bristlenose pleco (add after cycled and/or brown algae bloom)

10. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I absolutely love the peacocks. However my tank generally runs about 78° they seem to like colder water

11. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

How about some Gouramis? honey or sunset they're colorful