33 Gallon Tiger Barb Aquarium

wrs2

Hi!

I have a 33 gallon that I have been considering turning into a tank for tiger barbs after seeing the gold or albino version in person. I’ve never kept tiger barbs because I’ve been a betta and Gourami guy my whole fish keeping experience and know they’d have never worked together. I am trying to branch out now, but still a bit apprehensive about the tiger barbs. I wanted to keep some loaches in this tank as well, but didn’t want the loaches to be picked on or killed.

I currently have a Schistura kohchangensis and wouldn’t want it to get killed by the tiger barbs.

So would this be an okay match? Some tiger barbs and some loaches? Or not… ??

My thoughts say no, hence why I’m still debating, but I wanted to hear some personal experiences!

Tigerburp

Hi!

I have a 33 gallon that I have been considering turning into a tank for tiger barbs after seeing the gold or albino version in person. I’ve never kept tiger barbs because I’ve been a betta and Gourami guy my whole fish keeping experience and know they’d have never worked together. I am trying to branch out now, but still a bit apprehensive about the tiger barbs. I wanted to keep some loaches in this tank as well, but didn’t want the loaches to be picked on or killed.

I currently have a Schistura kohchangensis and wouldn’t want it to get killed by the tiger barbs.

So would this be an okay match? Some tiger barbs and some loaches? Or not… ??

My thoughts say no, hence why I’m still debating, but I wanted to hear some personal experiences!
I have golden tiger barbs and I highly recommend them, the photo shows one of my males , big bill,yes they go fine with loaches wrs2

Attachments

• F63A905A-A3BC-4B56-9A93-B59951204A82.jpeg
    F63A905A-A3BC-4B56-9A93-B59951204A82.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 19

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Frank the Fish guy
Replies
Views
Basil
20 Gallon Tank Tiger Barb Stressed?