33 Gallon Tank Stocking

Rilo

Hi guys, I've started the cycling process on my 33g tank and was wondering if the fish I have in mind are compatible and won't overstock my tank. To give you a general idea of what I'm dealing with the tank is 32" long and 20" tall.
This is what I had in mind:

1x Dwarf Gourami
4-6x Guppy
8x Cherry Barb
4x Red Cherry or Ghost Shrimp
3-4x Cory (Not sure which one yet)

Does this seem reasonable?

connorjs1004

A couple things,
First, a single dwarf gourami should be fine, but if you want more than one I recommend a honey gourami.
Are you looking for your guppies to breed? If you just get a mix of male and female you'll probably end up with a surplus of them after a few months. If you aren't 4-6 males should be ok too.
You can probably up the school to 12-15 for the cherry barbs.
If you just put 4 singular cherry shrimp in they may be seen as food to the other inhabitants, so I would either get 10 or so to start and put them in the tank for a month or two before everything else so they can start a colony and that way if some of them get picked off it won't become a waste of money.
Corys should always be kept in groups of at least 6.

strobukm

The larger the school of cherry barbs, the less likely they will be to nip at your other fish's fins. With a small school, I'd worry they'd be tempted by the long flowy tails of the guppies and the long dorsal fins of the dwarf gourami.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlockHead1981
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Otocinclus13
Replies
Views