33 gallon long - what would you stock?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by escapay, Jan 3, 2013.

1. escapay

escapayWell Known MemberMember

I'm interested in purchasing a 33 gallon long (48"L x 13"W x 12"H) aquarium. If I do buy this tank, that means my previous stock plans for my 29 gallon do not have to stay the same.

If you had this tank, what freshwater fish/species would you stock it with? What would you use as a centerpiece fish?

I know one species that would need to be kept are Black Kuhli Loaches and Pangio kuhlii. I want to stick with my Cory Cat plan in my 36 gallon... as I love how my original plan is coming together.

2. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

i would do 1 angel (or a breeding pair) with a school of rummy noses, a troop of what ever botttom feeders you choose, and maybe a pearl gourami. with a nice sized amazon sword in the centre of the tank with valesneria in the back, and dwarf-hair grass in the front.

3. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I would not put an angel in a tank that's only 12 inches high. After you factor in the substrate and the air gap at the top, the tank is only going to be about 9 inches of real height.

4. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

i was actually coming back to this thread to see if there are any more responses when i read the thread name- 33 gallon long, lol.
    now knowing that yes do not go with the angel, maybe go with a pair of gouramis. that leaves room for another school of tetras. maybe serpaes and lemons?

5. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Such a short tank only has room for 2, MAYBE 3 schools. I would do dwarf neon rainbows or danios for the top, corys or loaches for the bottom, a pleco and a pair of dwarf cichlids.

6. OP
    OP
    escapay

escapayWell Known MemberMember

If I was to do fish just from a single location - like the Malay Peninsula - is there a centerpiece fish from that area? I know the Kuhlis and Banded Barbs (I think 5 Banded Barbs is what they are named at my LFS) are from there. Would barbs of any sort be okay? What about Rasboras?

I do like the idea of having danios though... not zebras, but maybe pearl or another species. I still haven't had Celestial Pearl Danios, those would be neat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice