32 Gallon Tank Pics

Tylee

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

heres some pics of my 32 gallon and my fish... i'll be getting a bigger one soon to house the bala shark as they grow!

i also have a 10 gallon Q tank housng some platy fry born on xmas day! unfortunatly alot of the fry got eaten because they were born in my main tank i am now left with 6 in the Q tank.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
OO marimo balls, I love those. Is that anarchis in the back left corner?
Cool tank and fish

atm

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Gr8 tank and I love the betta..

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking tank and beautiful fish. Nat

Tylee

Reaction score
Thanks all! that is anarchis you see in the corner atm, i'll be getting some more plants soon as well as replacing some old ones as the crabs like to get there claws on them!!!

i LOVE my betta, hes my favourite! such a curious fish! i especially love the colours! red with that tint of blue as soon as he hits the light!

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
those crabs are not suitable for a freshwater aquarium. They need regular access to air and they need some brackish water.
Unfortunatly the pet stores will tell you that they can manage in a normal fishtank without any problems.

Tylee

Reaction score
once again the so called "EXPERTS" at the LFS are wrong! haha! the crabs have access to air (they climb up piping and i usually find them ontop of the internal filter!!) but not the brackish water, they seem happy enough but what should i do??? i would se up my 10 gallon tank for the crabs but i have the platy fry in there! :-\ will they survive?

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Love your tank! Don't know anything about crabs, but I hope you can keep them...makes the population so interesting in your tank. How does your betta get along with the others? Do they nip those pretty fins? I would like to rescue a betta from the LFS but am afraid it wouldn't be happy with my tank's companions...
Denise

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If they are the type of crabs I think, fiddler crabs? then they will live about 6 months in fresh water before they die, best to put your platy fry in your main tank as soon as they are suitable size then make a tank special for the crabs.

Tylee

Reaction score
thanks denise! yeah i love the crabs! hope i can keep them too!

The betta gets along absoloutly fine with the other with the exeption of one of my female platys! shes pregnant so i guess its the same as humans (need more food? just a guess!) i think she thinks its blood worm because the fins are such a bright red! other than that i havn't had a problem... but i wouldnt like to say what theyd be like together when the bala sharks grow!!

What fish do you have in your tank?

Eddie

Tylee

Reaction score
thanks atm, im not sure what sort of crab they are, My LFS said they were Red tropical crab??? the Platy fry are growing fast but i think it will still be 3 weeks or so untill i can release them into the main tank! i've had the crabs for about 1 month now so do you think they'll be ok until the fry grow a bit more???

Thanks in advance!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The fry probably don't need too long, just so their big enough so they can't be eaten, more you feed them the faster they grow, six times a day if possible, small portions each time. Yes I would think they should be ok. Do they have one claw bigger than the other? Google fiddler crab and see if it looks like yours.

Tylee

Reaction score
have googld the fiddler crab but it wasnt the right species... i googled the red tropical crab and found the species that i have (LFS was right!!! didnt think that happened! lol!) here is the link to what i found:

https://www.aquascape.co.uk/tropical red crab.mht

aparently they are fine in normal aquariums!???

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Don't live very long though, too bad, look like nice crabs.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Keep researching. I looked for months for a freshwater crab and I couldn't find a single species. Both fiddler crabs and Red claw crabs (the kind sold in lfs) need brackish conditions and they wont last much longer than a month. Both my boyfriend and I picked up some fiddler crabs and we lost them within the first month, twas very sad.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I love your tank, and all of your fish and plants in it I love the Glass Cats, the Betta, the Pleco, and the Sharks It's a good thing you're getting a larger tank because the kinds of fish you have will soon need it (the Pleco and the Sharks).

Tylee

Reaction score
haha! thanks isabella! i should be going looking for the new tank next week! any recommendation on size i should get ??? i wouldnt say no to 2 tanks ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The biggest you can afford is the best that way you can get more fish/larger fish and your not so limited. Don't buy hex, octagon, tall, tanks. Bow-fronts are ok and long tanks are the best and normal rectangle ones.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
cool looking tank!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom