32 Gallon Stocking Plan

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello Fishlore!

I just purchased a new 32 gallon high with a Marineland Penguin Biowheel and a sponge filter. It is heated, nearly cycled, and water parameters are-
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0.5 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm
Ph: 6.9
Temp: 78

My planned stocking is similar to my other tanks, so mainly guppies, shoal, and a centerpiece

x1 dwarf gourami
x1 koi angelfish
x10 lemon/silvertip tetras
x4 guppies
Can I add a bottom dweller like cories or otos? What would you change, and what interesting plants do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes you can, but don't add any fish until your cycle is done with. Unless you are doing a fish in cycle..? I would say get EITHER the dg or the angel, not both. Albino cories like warmer temps with angels.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sarah73 said:
Yes you can, but don't add any fish until your cycle is done with. Unless you are doing a fish in cycle..? I would say get EITHER the dg or the angel, not both. Albino cories like warmer temps with angels.
Of course Im waiting for my cycle to finish !!!! Thank you for your reply!

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wouldn't recommend otos in a 30 gallon because they like to school and each oto needs 10 gallons to itself. Unless you want only 3

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
OneLittleBubble said:
I wouldn't recommend otos in a 30 gallon because they like to school and each oto needs 10 gallons to itself. Unless you want only 3
I don't know where you got that knowledge from but it's not true. Otos need to be in groups of 6+ and be in at least a 20 gallon so it fits.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom