30g

1. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Good evening fish lovers
    When am finishing cycling my tank I plan to get 2 angel fish.
    I was planning to get 2 famales instead of a male and females
    What other fish gets along with angels
    What about barbs. Can I get any??

2. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to the forum and glad you joined us. Unless you are getting full grown proven female angelfish, you won't be able to sex them. When their breeding tubes are visable is the only reliable way to sex them . Since you aren't planning to breed them , I would just do one angel fish as your centerpiece fish and build the tank from there. Some fish that do well with them are warm water fish since they need a temp of 78 to 80. You can do Small variety of pleco, a school of at least 6 kuhli loaches, or warm water cory cats. The only barbs I would do are cherry barbs as they are peaceful and don't nip fins, . Minimum school sizes start at 6 of the same species. Some other schooling fish that do well with angels are harlequin rasboras, or lambchop rasboras, black neons, glowlight tetras, there are other options as well. Alison:;hi1

3. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Also go for mollies, they don't even get noticed by angels

4. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Thanks a lot Alison
    If I get one.wouldnt she feel lonely?
    Also I thought I needed sand in my tank for kuhili loaches?
    I'll look up all the names you recommended

Not really a fan of Mollie's. But if I happen to get some. Would a group of 6 work?

5. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Yes, very well

[​IMG]

MY BABIES

6. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Looks very good. How many do you have? And what size tank do you have?

7. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't do 6 mollies in a 30 gallon. They can get large and that would take up the rest of your stock if not more.

8. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

I have two, but I used to have 5, they are funny, they chase each other

I have 30 gallon

9. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Depending on the 30 gallon, and the type of molly, these fish will regularly get above 3 inches, commonly above 4 inches, and some even closer to 5 (females). Adding 1 angel to 6 fish that range from 3 to 4.8 inches that all inhabit the same level of the tank is overcrowding the top. Plus molly's produce a lot of waste

10. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Did any other fish kill them

Ok cool. Yea I'm not really a fan of them even I don't know too much about them.
    So far I plan on gettin 1 F or M angel
    Probably 6 cherry barbs
    Would a blood parrot work. I know they get big too

11. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

A 30 gallon makes a fine grow out tank for a blood parrot but you would need to plan on upgrading to a 55 gallon tank minimum for its long-term health

12. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Sounds good to me. Maybe in a year or would they be too big by then?
    What other suggest do you have.
    Bottom dwellers

13. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I would try to get the BP at about 2.5 or 3 inches. I'd say to plan on upgrading within a year.

What are the dimensions of your tank

14. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Cool and
    36x12x17
    Any good catfish ?

15. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

You could do 6 zebra loaches, 10 to 12 aeneus or sterbai cory, 2 or 3 spotted hoplo, or 6 synodontis lucipinnis or petricola. You could also try 10 to 12 kuhli loaches but eventually you may have to separate them from the blood parrot

You have other options but those are the ones that come to mind immediately

16. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Those are really. Nice.
    The sterbai coy. 12 would be good or can I get 6
    I love the loaches too.
    Can I mix them. The sterbai Cory and loaches

17. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't do one in a 30g, they get big as you said. Any preference on bottom schoolers? Warm water cories will be your best bet since Angels like their water hot :)

18. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I would do loaches or cories. Once you upgrade to a 55 you could do both

19. Ilovefish3s Member Member

Thanks a lot.
    1 angel
    6 cherry barbs or can I get tiger instead. I rather the tiger
    4 or 5 sterbai Corys.

Btw I have gravel in my tank. With no driftwood.

20. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

No Tigers with angels. Stock with cherry barbs. You can up the Cherry Barbs to probably 12 or 14 and you can do probably 10 or 12 corries.

You probably have room in a 36-inch tank 4 another mid or top dwelling School or bottom dwelling centerpiece like hey German Ram. If you stuck with just one school you could probably do some type of gourami like a pearl or thick lip for the top

Gravel is fine for the Cory as long as it's smooth if it's jagged or sharp then it probably wouldn't be good for them