30g Stock Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Pamela M., Apr 22, 2017.

1. Pamela M.New MemberMember

Getting a 30g high tank tomorrow. I've been looking at the type of stock I want and making sure compatibility works for all the fish. So here is it:
    Fishes!!!

1x German Blue Ram Cichlid
    1x Flame Dwarf Gourami (???)
    1x Cockatoo Apisto
    6x Albino Cory
    3-4x Guppies (male)
    2x Dalmatian Mollies

Tell me what you think. I'm all ears! Can I have the school of MALE guppies? No fighting if there are no females, am I right?! Lol
    Not too sure I want the Gourami anymore or not. Is that too much?? I want them to have room to swim of course. Should I only stick to 1 statement fish, cuz I really want at least 2. Maybe swap one for an angelfish?

2. Tiny_TanganyikansWell Known MemberMember

Longterm the cories and ram need different temperatures. The rams prefer significantly warmer water than the cories who will not do well in that range and vice versa. Maybe instead look into bolivian rams which would be perfectly happy in that range. (Some Bolivians are just as beautiful as the german rams)

3. Pamela M.New MemberMember

So it's still ok to have a Bolivian ram, an apisto and a gourami??

4. Tiny_TanganyikansWell Known MemberMember

I don't see why not.

If it were me, I'd do a pair of apistos, or rams, instead of both.

Gouramis are great, I have a few pearl and dwarf varieties. My favorites are pygmy gourami though, I have them in multiple aquariums now. They're very beautiful and tiny so you can have a lot!

5. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Albino cories (C. aeneus) are fine in the temps GBRs need. I just wouldn't do two species of dwarf cichlid in this size tank. Other than that it is fine, imo. You could even add a group of 8 black neon tetras.

6. JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I'm not sure what the footprint is for a 30 gal high, but I'd have to think it's similar to a 29 gal, which IMO is too small for 2 different types of dwarf cichlids. I'd go with 1 male or a m/f pair of apistos, OR 1 GBR or a m/f pair of GBRs.

7. Pamela M.New MemberMember

So it's better to stick with 1 apisto and 1 gourami?
    I actually have my eyes on serpae tetras, they're beautiful. I'm still not familiar with schooling fish and how many to have at any given time :/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  8. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice