300ltr Central American Tank.

NickJarvis

Reaction score
Hi folks, first post here so hi, I am Nick from Leicestershire, England.
I have been keeping fish for 5 years now and am as much in love as ever since deciding to try cichlids and started filling my 300ltr 4ft tank with central American fish. It used to be filled with random hard water community fish but that got boring so I decided to switch to a geographical themed tank, central america.

So far in the tank is 1 x Nicaraguan cichlid, 3 x acara, (not officially CA but to beautiful to turn down) 4 x sajica, 4 x firemouths, 3 x Rainbow cichlids, 10 x swordtails, 4 x limia, 3 x blind tetra.
Also still in the tank but to be swapped for something more suitable; 5 x Rainbow fish, 3 x bristlenose, 6 x Brochis.

Basically I am just wondering if anyone can think of any other central American fish, something like tetra that can see or something different to cichlids and livebarers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

NickJarvis

Reaction score
And the Nicaraguan, and the rest of the cichlids probably aswel not to mention the geographical incompatibilities.
I'm looking for CENTRAL American fish.

GlennO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Basically I am just wondering if anyone can think of any other central American fish, something like tetra that can see or something different to cichlids and livebarers?
Live bearers are the usual choice in CA Cichlid biotopes, what about something a bit exotic like Montezuma swords? The only tetra that comes to mind is the Blind Cave Tetra though there may be others that are found in CA. I envy you and your Sajica's, they are very hard to find here.

Edit: sorry, noticed you already have some Swords & BCT's

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom