30 Rescape, What Do Y'all Think?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by FriarThomasIII, Apr 23, 2018.

1. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

Moved my Paradise Fish back in after the scape due to the hiding places and more plants in the middle, he now controls the center of the tank and keeps the danios away. He lets the rosy barb and cories move and chill, but not the danios, which is neat. Anyways, what do you guys think? IMG_20180422_205405.jpg I'll add more plants soon. Any suggestions?

2. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

A few more carpeting plants on the right side would look pretty cool.

3. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

On the right I was thinking of adding an amazon sword in the right back corner and adding way more stem plants for all the fish to hide in, possibly tall hairgrass that I'll keep trimmed at about 7 or so inches. On the left, I might remove the micro chain swords (don't like them anyways) and add tons more of the red rotala and add maybe some driftwood in the left corner for the bristlenose pleco I might be getting. Any stem plants (I fell in love with stem plants) you would recommend?

4. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

Also plan on getting some amazon frogbit due to the long roots they send off and the subdued lighting, especially since the paradise fish would absolutely love it.

5. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Some more rock's would look good along with some plant's in the corner's.

6. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

I'm planning on tall plants and a few hunks of driftwood, most likely curved, to create high focal points that draw the eye's attention.

7. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Sounds good!!!! Looking forward to seeing it!!!

8. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

Thanks. I really hope this ends up looking nice, and I want tons of hiding places and plant filtratration for a little bit of wiggle room stocking wise. I really fell in love with really tall stem plant clumps and clusters that the fish can weave through. I'll probably make a new post in a few weeks when I have full plants and stocking, especially if I ever manage to get my water cleared up.

9. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

So I guess it's time for a quick update on the 30 gallon! So I decided to do a little bit of shifting just a few things around and taking some plants from the 10 gallon as well as my cholla wood. I think I have a decent tank developing. img_20180424_211141_1-jpg.jpg I decided to add both of my apontogen plants, though I will most likely remove the large one in the back right corner when the rotalla fills out of I get another stem plant, and is mainly just for cover and the corydoras love it already. I moved the red wendtii to make a thicker patch when it grows in. I added the cholla wood on the front right corner for the corydoras to hide in, and they do love swimming into it and hanging out. I added the valsenaria in the space between it to cover the open area, though I might replace it with dwarf sag if I don't like the val. I added my anacharis in a thick patch in the back right, planning on it growing tall towards the top of the tank. Thoughts so far? As for the fish, I've decided on not getting the BN and just getting the otocinclus catfish, mainly because they are cute and also will help keep my plant leaves clean. The rosy barb wil soon be moved back into the 60. Do you guys think I could add another small schooling fish? I was thinking of maybe gold or cherry barbs? Something calmish, I think.