30 minutes of life in my tank!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Videos' started by mmolitor87, Dec 5, 2012.

1. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well Known Member Member

I've promised pictures/videos of my fishy friends and it's been so hectic I haven't had time. Well, the other day I propped my phone up on a chair and let it record for (what was supposed to be 10 minutes...) 30 minutes! I had more to do than I thought.

My JD takes so much abuse from the convict in this. Typically neither one backs down and after a while it's suddenly like they forget what they're fighting about. Neither one ever takes any physical injury aside from the typical nip on a tail. If it were serious enough I'd split them up! :)

Anyways, for those who are interested in checking out the drama that is my tank...

[video=youtube;5jpXdrdkQJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpXdrdkQJg[/video]

2. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Part 2... (won't let me put more than 1 video in the first thread) :(

[video=youtube;P869wGo76Ts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P869wGo76Ts[/video]

3. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Part 3...

[video=youtube;8sE6RhXP4C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sE6RhXP4C0[/video]

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

cool! The third one says it's not available :)
    Carol

5. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Yeah...it's still processing! :D I figured it would finish before anyone got to it lol.

6. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

That convict is going to be sorry it picked on the JD. One day it will be much bigger :D

Thanks for posting! Good to see you on again.

7. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

You're welcome! You're the one I actually promised the pictures to lol! Figured you might like to see how the lil guy is growing. :) MUUUUUCH bigger than the last video!

Yeah...he already roughs her up a bit when he has enough of it. She's actually catching up to him...he started twice her size. Now his extra bulk is more width than length. I'm still curious as to whether I might be seeing breeding behavior. The tank is plenty large enough....though I do need to find a pot I like to put in there. :)

8. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I was just looking at pictures of Convict/Dempsey hybrids. They are possible and look cool. If they do successfully spawn, I want some babies!

9. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

I'll definitely let you all know because I don't really have a place for them. If they do spawn I kinda fear for all the other fish in the tank. That won't be fun....

I'll also try to get some updated close-up pictures of them tomorrow since I have a day off!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice