30 inch aquarium light/hood?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Fishmcpie, Jul 17, 2015.

1. F

Fishmcpie New Member Member

I have a 20 gallon fish tank (it is 30 by 10 by 12) and I am looking for a light for it. I will probably get the aqueon 30 glass top because I can't find a hood that doesn't already have the "feeding hole" and slots pre-cute put in the back for filters and heaters. And every 30 inch light I find is over 50$. I know it's probably not going to be cheap but I can't really afford to pay that much. Does anyone know of a 30 inch light fixture under 40$? If so your suggestions would help! Thanks

2. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

Yes! I just got a great light for my 20 gallon - same dimensions as yours. I was stumped at what to buy. Everything on Amazon was over $50. I bought this . Unfortunately its a few dollars more than when I bought it, but it's well worth it. Came in 2 days! Looks awesome, regular off and on, and a moonlight setting!

3. LeoDiaz

LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to fishlore this one is a good light and not to expensive and super thin. http://www.ebay.com/itm/EA-80-6500K...163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fdad4fa3
    I have the 48in version and love it.

4. OP
    OP
    F

Fishmcpie New Member Member

Thanks! Your tank looks really nice btw!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice