30 gallon

1. Damien808 Member Member

What would you stock in[​IMG] here? I've only had neon tetras in here for a while now and have no idea what to put in here. Feel free to give suggestions of what you would do(with or without the neons).

2. :) fatcatfish (: Well Known Member Member

A shoal of 8+ Ember Tetras would compliment the Neons very nicely, or if you're looking for something a little darker you could try a shoal of 8+ Black Phantom Tetras.
    If you're looking to get something a bit more active but still peaceful, however, you could try a shoal of either 8+ Cherry Barbs or Golden Barbs. Anders247 could give you a few more ideas.

3. Damien808 Member Member

Thanks I was thinking that I needed another school. How about a centerpiece fish(es)?

4. lol Member Member

Gouramis are typically suggested as centerpiece fish. Dwarf, honey, etc.

5. :) fatcatfish (: Well Known Member Member

A pair of Ram Cichlids would look great with the tetras (the golden Rams are my personal favourite).

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

If you do get rams as your centerpiece, do not get blue/gold/electric blue because those require higher temps than neon tetras.

Go with bolivian rams.

7. Damien808 Member Member

So would the current 8 neons one of the above suggested shoals and 2 Bolivians work?

8. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes.

9. Damien808 Member Member

Could a school of cories work instead of another shoal? Or would they conflict with the rams territory?

10. :) fatcatfish (: Well Known Member Member

Cories would work

11. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Cories would be fine. Just make sure they're the same species, not mixed an matched, and that you have at least 6.