30 Gallon Tiered Aquascape Stocking Ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Buddah, Apr 17, 2017.

1. B

Buddah New Member Member

I have cleaned out my 30 Gallon yard tank find and it it ready to begin preparing! But i wanted to ask Fishlore for ideas! I am for sure doing a tiered aquascape, half will be flat sand with a simple driftwood feature, the other half will be gravel in tiers. Sand will be sparsely planted, the log covered and the gravel will be heavily planted. I want ideas on what to put in the dang thing though! Looking for community tank for sure though.Thank you!

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You have so many options here. It would be helpful if you could give us ideas of what kind of fish you like or what's available to you (you can go to your LFS and write down the names of the fish that interest you, and bring that list back here).

3. OP
    OP
    B

Buddah New Member Member

Good point! Sorry for being so general, just was so excited in the moment. I'm planning on it to be a small display tank in a Thai restaurant after i enjoy it in my room for a time. At the top of the tiered steps will be a small temple like structure. With these them i want graceful, harmonious fish and inverts. I am thinking a small school of nanotank size fish and maybe one specialty fish to be the centerpiece. Then a nice tidy CC to brighten it up. I have built so many recently i am dry on new stocking ideas and want to test the knowledge and find the odd and strange ideas! I live a mere 60 miles away from the Fish co-op and Cory who are on you tube and they have incredible stocking. But just seeing if anyone has some new ideas!

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Just so you're aware, there's really no such thing as a clean up crew up FW. Anything you add will create waste and need to be fed; there's no living creature you can add that will replace the need for regular tank maintenance (which really should be weekly water changes and gravel vacs). You are the best at preventing and controlling algae, and you shouldn't feed so much that food falls to the substrate.

What about something like this?

20x Emerald dwarf rasboras, chili rasboras, ember tetra, or another nano fish
    2-5x Honey gourami or peacock gudgeon
    25x Cherry shrimp (one color variation, but you can choose any color)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice