30 Gallon Tank... What should I do?

Chomas007

I have this 30 gallon tank laying around and My dad and I thought it would be cool to use it instead of it just collecting dust. Originally, we thought we were going to aquascape this for a Betta tank with some cardinal tetras and some amano shrimps but after doing a little more looking I came across pea puffers and puffer fish in general. I am sort of at a crossroad with ideas and decided to ask you guys to see if any of you had some interesting ideas! I was thinking some sort of freshwater puffer would be cool but i understand that most of these guys can get fairly large like Mbu's and fahaka's. Are there any other puffers that could be a good fit as a centerpiece for a 30 gallon?

NahNah

For a 30 you could fill it with plants and wood and keep like 6 pea puffers and maybe some octos, or if your willing to feed frozen food, and trim their teeth Amazon puffers are amazing. I have 3 Amazon puffers and 7 black ruby barbs in a 29, and they get along very well, but the puffers are likely to get sick.

Noroomforshoe

Puffers are a lot more demanding then a betta or a community tank or a betta in a community tank. Pufferfish would require some research beyond what I can help you with.

If it was my choice, and both choices were pretty awesome, "like yours" I would choose the easier route. A 30 gallon tank can hold even more variety then a betta and cardinals. As for shrimp, I would not add them, they are expensive lunch.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
dimitrinivo
  • Question
Replies
Views
Zach72202
Replies
Views
tom855
Replies