6 Rummy Nose Tetra
6 Zebra Danio
8 Harlequin Rasbora
4 Neon Tetra
4 Cardinal Tetra
5 Panda Corydora
8 Nerite Snail
3 Hillstream Loach
I would probably do either the rummy’s and cardinals together in both larger schools and not do the danios, neons and rasboras.

The cardinals and rummy’s are both known to like it a little warmer that the others 78-82+ where the others will do better in the 75-78 range typically. Danios sometimes even lower70s. They all overlap a bit but I think the danios would be furthest out of there element.

Regardless of what you go with. While it’s tempting to have a lot of variety, One or two large schools tend to bring a lot more activity than having 4 each of many fish. The more in the school the safer they feel and I think it encourages schooling better. I do believe I’ve read before the rummynose do better in 4ft plus tanks as well since they are very active.

I think ideally you do two schools of the rasboras and either the neons/cardinals.

As for the rest:
Cories- fine they really school nice so even doing 8 each of the cories, neons and Rasboras

Nerites/hilstream loaches. I would cut these numbers back only because I worry there may not be enough for them all to eat. I personally have not had my Nerites go after wagers or veggies so I do not know if they often Accept prepared foods.

So I would say ideally maybe 2-3 Nerites with 1 hilstream loach. It’s always easier to add later on if you see fit then it is trying to keep everyone fed.

OP
ZenFish

ZenFish

Reaction score
Cody said:
I would probably do either the rummy’s and cardinals together in both larger schools and not do the danios, neons and rasboras.

The cardinals and rummy’s are both known to like it a little warmer that the others 78-82+ where the others will do better in the 75-78 range typically. Danios sometimes even lower70s. They all overlap a bit but I think the danios would be furthest out of there element.

Regardless of what you go with. While it’s tempting to have a lot of variety, One or two large schools tend to bring a lot more activity than having 4 each of many fish. The more in the school the safer they feel and I think it encourages schooling better. I do believe I’ve read before the rummynose do better in 4ft plus tanks as well since they are very active.

I think ideally you do two schools of the rasboras and either the neons/cardinals.

As for the rest:
Cories- fine they really school nice so even doing 8 each of the cories, neons and Rasboras

Nerites/hilstream loaches. I would cut these numbers back only because I worry there may not be enough for them all to eat. I personally have not had my Nerites go after wagers or veggies so I do not know if they often Accept prepared foods.

So I would say ideally maybe 2-3 Nerites with 1 hilstream loach. It’s always easier to add later on if you see fit then it is trying to keep everyone fed.
Are my water parameters fine for every fish:
Temp: 75 F
Ph: 7.0
Hardness: 6 GH/6 KH
Lighting: Moderate

New Threads