30 gallon stocking

jt21

I have a 30 gallon right now that needs more stocking. I have 2 Corydoras in there and 5 neon tetras. I want something that is affordable as I’m in high school and don’t have a job at the moment. What should I add in here?

Crispii

jasmine-smith

I agree with more corydoras. They like being in groups

JettsPapa

At least 4 more corys of the same species you have now, about 5 more neons, and maybe a gouramI (not a dwarf gourami; they're widely reported to be more prone to health problems than the other varieties).

jinjerJOSH22

3 Honey Gourami, they are relatively inexpensive as far as fish go and super cute.
Like others have said more Corys of the same species and more Neons

jt21

Right now I have 2 Corydoras (1 albino) (1 Sterbai) I think. I’m planning on getting 2 female betta fish. Could I do 4 more of each kind of Corydoras. I have a 30 gallon tank.

Crispii

Get a group of at least 6 Corydoras for each species and not just have one or two different species. Also, two female Bettas will not work for the most part.

jt21

What about 1 betta?

Crispii

jt21

So how many of each Cory should I get I’m a little confused

Goldie&Yami

At least 4 to 6 of 3 to more different species. That's from my best experience. I have 4 peppered, 5 albino, 8 green, and 1 panda(only cuz the rest of his group passed away they are a more sensitive cory) and they have all lived happily this way for over a yr.

JettsPapa

jt21 said:
So how many of each Cory should I get I’m a little confused
Five or six more albinos, and the same with the Sterbais, and one female betta. Before you get more Sterbais, can you post a picture of the one you have? Since it sounds like you aren't certain it wouldn't hurt to verify it. There is at least one variety that looks similar and is much more readily available (and much less expensive).

jt21

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom