30 Gallon Stocking

1. bigblue55 Member Member

Hey everyone! Since my 40 gallon is finally settled down(no more fish are dying), I decided to put my 30(might be 29) gallon long into use! It's dimensions are: 30-3/16"L x 12-1/2"W x 18-3/4"H. It is cycling right now, and has been for 2 weeks. The nitrites in the tank just spiked, so I hope in a week or 2 it will finish cycling.:) Now on to the stock! With the help of my more knowledgeable brother, fighter55, I have come up with a few ideas.

Idea 1:
    2 Bolivian Rams
    6 Panda Cories
    9 Emperor Tetras

Idea 2:
    2 Honey Gouramis
    6 Kuhli Loaches
    10 Penguin Tetras

Idea 3:
    2 Angels
    7 Gold Barbs
    6 Panda Cories

What do you think? I am willing to change any of these fish, so please leave your opinion!:)

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I like idea 1 and 2 the best.

I think you could bump both schools up to 10 in each list. Then I also think you have room for maybe 3-4 platy just for a pop of color.

3. bigblue55 Member Member

:eek::eek:Now I just have to choose which one I like the best too.:confused:

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

i like idea 1 that is similair to what im doing for my 29 gallon.

5. gourami88 Member Member

my vote goes for 1 as well :)

6. bigblue55 Member Member

I was kind of leaning towards 1 too. Since my brother is already getting kuhli loaches and a honey gourami, I'll be able to see them, without buying them. So, since I like 1 too, the final stock is 2 Bolivian Rams, 10 Panda Cories, 10 Emperor Tetras, and 3-4 Platys. Sounds good to me! Thanks for the help everyone! I'l' have pics posted soon!

7. spdrbob Member Member

I love my Bolivian Ram , Spike, he is the star of the tank !