30 Gallon Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bigblue55, Mar 19, 2012.

1. bigblue55

bigblue55Valued MemberMember

Hey everyone! Since my 40 gallon is finally settled down(no more fish are dying), I decided to put my 30(might be 29) gallon long into use! It's dimensions are: 30-3/16"L x 12-1/2"W x 18-3/4"H. It is cycling right now, and has been for 2 weeks. The nitrites in the tank just spiked, so I hope in a week or 2 it will finish cycling.:) Now on to the stock! With the help of my more knowledgeable brother, fighter55, I have come up with a few ideas.

Idea 1:
    2 Bolivian Rams
    6 Panda Cories
    9 Emperor Tetras

Idea 2:
    2 Honey Gouramis
    6 Kuhli Loaches
    10 Penguin Tetras

Idea 3:
    2 Angels
    7 Gold Barbs
    6 Panda Cories

What do you think? I am willing to change any of these fish, so please leave your opinion!:)

2. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

I like idea 1 and 2 the best.

I think you could bump both schools up to 10 in each list. Then I also think you have room for maybe 3-4 platy just for a pop of color.

3. OP
    OP
    bigblue55

:eek::eek:Now I just have to choose which one I like the best too.:confused:

4. I keep fish

I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

i like idea 1 that is similair to what im doing for my 29 gallon.

5. gourami88

gourami88Valued MemberMember

my vote goes for 1 as well :)

6. OP
    OP
    bigblue55

I was kind of leaning towards 1 too. Since my brother is already getting kuhli loaches and a honey gourami, I'll be able to see them, without buying them. So, since I like 1 too, the final stock is 2 Bolivian Rams, 10 Panda Cories, 10 Emperor Tetras, and 3-4 Platys. Sounds good to me! Thanks for the help everyone! I'l' have pics posted soon!

7. spdrbob

spdrbobValued MemberMember

I love my Bolivian Ram , Spike, he is the star of the tank !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice