30 gallon riparium build.

lowtech87

Valued Member
Reaction score
So my 14 gallon Palodarium is all set up and cycled and I'm slowly stocking it now. Have 4 harlequin rasbora and I'm gonna add another 4 and that should do it along with two mystery snails and some ghost shrimp as a clean up crew.

I was debating on what to do with my 30 gallon when I came across ripariums which look really cool to me. Since my other hobby is keeping plants I thought this idea was perfect. I wanted to go on the cheap side so no lighting for this tank and I built my own stand.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1454692094.395286.jpg

With tank, equipment, plants, and stand I'm at 200. The substrate was all locally sourced, I live right by Lake Huron so sand and drift wood are super simple to come by. The plants are all new growth from my previous tank and all the terrestrial plants were clearance from garden centers. Eventually I might get another aqua clear 30 not sure though since I plane on adding a few more plants on the sides of the tank so there is going to be a lot of filtration going on.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1454692475.727000.jpg

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to stock, my wife loves Angels, but I keep hearing mixed reviews on angels in a 29 gallon. I'm for sure going to do a school of corys. But I want a really nice centerpiece fish that has a lot of character. But I have probably 3 weeks to think it over while the tank cycles so I'm not to worried.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1454692985.350619.jpg

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What about a dwarf or honey gourami? They're beautiful, will love the space in this tank, and have lots of personality.

lowtech87

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nice set up.
Thanks I'm really liking this whole idea of incorporating terrestrial plants into a tank. Not only does it look nice, but it's functional not only in that you don't really have to water the plants (i still mist them daily) but it also helps to filter the tank water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom