30 gallon hex tank stocking - Exploring options

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishcrazy99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey guys, thinking about getting this tank but i would like to explore stocking options first

Its a 30 gallon hex
On an old thread i saw that most people recommended a singe angel fish and then a school of something.
If everything in the world aligned and i could have whatever stock i wanted and it just work, this is what i would want
1 angelfish
1 pair of apistrogramma borellii
5-10 scarlet badis

Obviously im guessing the badis will work in no way.
But what about the angelfish and a. Borellii?
What kind of school would be recommended (must have lots of color! Like reds and blues or sparkles lol

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You could easily do the badis by themselves. Other members could recommend how many.

You could also do the apistos and small, mid to upper level schooling fish. Maybe some small tetras?

Personally, I wouldn't do an angel. There's not a lot of horizontal swimming room. Tall tanks with a small footprint are difficult to stock due to the small swimming area.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I wouldn't recommend an angelfish for any 30 gallon tank, let alone a hex. As stated, there's just not that much room period. Angels can get up to 6" long and tall so it's a bad idea. How about a honey gourami?

fishcrazy99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The person is telling me that its a 10 gallon now, is that even possible?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They're probably lying to you one way or another so I'd stay away from that kind of seller and look for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom