30 Gallon for Ocellaris Clownfish

Drizygirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was thinking about trying to breed clownfish. I've bred livebearers before and am working on breeding bettas. I was thinking about getting a tank for a pair of snowflake clownfish. I was wondering if a 30 gallon is a good size for a pair or not. I wanted to maybe get another pair, maybe of regular ocellaris to breed, or maybe something more interesting. I would put this pair in a separate tank from the snowflakes, so maybe two 30 gallons.
I am currently doing research on breeding them, and will figure out what other tanks I need to raise the fish. Im going to be raising live food soon, microforms and vinegar eels for the baby bettas and then I'm thinking about buying some live brine shrimp and starting a shrimp nursery.
They usually have a pair of the mostly white snowflake ones at a local fish store I go to, so finding them isn't a problem. I have never set up a salt water tank before, but was just wondering if this tank size is good for a pair.
Thanks,
Drizy

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't think you should try breeding more fish when you don't have enough tanks for your current breeding plans.

Drizygirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What do you mean I don't have enough tanks??? This does not answer the question i was asking. I was asking if i can put a pair of ocellaris clownfish in a 30 gallon.
Plus I would have to set up the tank, cycle it, get the fish, and let the fish grow, and maybe then finally they will breed. Its going to be in a while from now. And my parents lifted my tank limits, so now I can get more tanks. I currently have enough tanks to house my bettas. Anyways, I don't plan on breeding my bettas until I have cultures of live food set up. Im going to order them probably tomorrow, or maybe even tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear. Just looking out for the fish!

A 30 gal should be fine for a pair of clowns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drizygirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am done using this forum. Ive asked you and others so many times to just leave me alone but again and again i get brought to tears. Sorry for being rude but i just can't take it anymore. Thanks.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am done using this forum. Ive asked you and others so many times to just leave me alone but again and again i get brought to tears. Sorry for being rude but i just can't take it anymore. Thanks.
Please don't take it the wrong way. We're looking out for your fish and trying to help you at the same time. If you're asking advice on a forum, we're free to reply. We're not picking on you or singling you out, we promise!

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When people ask advice, we on this forum answer honestly.

Breeding any kind of fish is time consuming and expensive. A breeder needs several tanks for one species alone.

If you have the room and the funds, then yes a 30g is enough for a pair of clowns. I'd like to add, though. Saltwater is expensive. You will need live rock and live sand, plus RO water mixed with salt.

I'd like to add again, we only try to help here. This is the internet, so we can't talk face to face. I think some of the meaning of the conversation often gets lost due to lack of facial expressions. What seems rude was just honest advice.

Drizygirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yet so many times I've been brought to tears by this forum. I'm going to find a way to delete my account. I don't want anything to do with this forum anymore. You claim to be helpful people, but you're not being helpful to me. And I try to say that but people continue doing the same thing. The thing that brings me to tears. I feel great

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom