30 gallon cube photo journal

1. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Woot! We were lucky enough to score an Oceanic 30 gallon cube and stand plus a 150W Sunpod metal halide light! We got a bunch of other accessories and FW stuff as well. So, the plans for the 46 bowfront have changed and it's going to be a plant propagation tank instead of a reef. The lighting on the cube is much nicer, lol. We got about 25 lbs. of live rock that we'll be putting into the tank soon. I'll keep you all updated with pics as we're setting up... but here's a teaser! :p

Attached Files:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

That's really nice looking. Can't wait for updates :)

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Sweet score! Congratulations! Please keep us posted.

4. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Rock and sand are in, and we're waiting for the water to clear so we can see what we're doing when we aquascape, lol.

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Great find! love the look on cube tanks :p Your tanks are always awesome, so i cant wait to see this one :)

6. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Aw, thanks Tony. :D

Tank is aquascaped (although the scape might change), but still cloudy. Here are a couple more pics. It will look a lot better when the water clears up! :)

Attached Files:

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Oooh! Love the rockwork! the cool thing about cube tanks is that you can put it all in the middle not in the back like a normal long tank LOL

8. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! Please keep us updated! ;D

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Harpua. Congrats on the new tank. I know it's going to be beautiful once you're done. Thanks for sharing the photos!
    Ken

10. lorabell Well Known Member Member

wow!!!! great find!!!!! cant wait to see it all done......great looking peice of LR also!!!!!

11. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks everyone! :)
    I rescaped the tank a little while ago. Here are some pics, it's still cloudy from moving rocks around.

What do you think of the rock work?

Attached Files:

12. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Looking good! :;th

13. steve_58 Member Member

Looking good so far.

14. outlaw Well Known Member Member

Looks good. When can I pick it up? :D

15. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

LOL, you interested in starting a reef? :p

16. outlaw Well Known Member Member

Yes, and visiting GA again. Lol, it was much nicer then here. WI

17. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I can imagine! The weather's been pretty nice here.

What are you looking to start up? I may be able to help with any questions if you've never done SW before. :)

18. outlaw Well Known Member Member

I will have to take a rain check, but will definitely have tons of questions when the time comes. I don't want to run up the electric bill living with my dad. lol. I was trying to look into the lighting requirements for them since they seem to cost the majority of the setup. Sent a PM, didn't want to thread steal.

Can't wait to see what your setup will look like when completed though.

19. speed0factory Member Member

wow 30g cube tank looks kinda cute.

20. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

PM answered. :)
    You could try a nano. They can be pretty cheap to run, I doubt if you'd see a noticeable difference in the electric bill.