30 gallon cold water, take two

VAFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I posted about this tank a while back. But wanted to get some more ideas as I am currently setting it up. It will be a non-heated 30 gallon tank. The temp should stick around 72 degrees.

I'll be moving my 6 long fin zebra danios into the tank as well as my 3 white clouds. I'll be getting at least 3 more white clouds once it's set up.

I've read differing opinions on glass catfish, but if I plant it heavily do you think they are an option at this temp?

I'd like some opinions on good centerpiece fish, or another colorful schooling fish.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A group of 6+ corys for the bottom, peppered corys would like that temperature, not especially colourful but an interesting addition for the bottom

VAFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My favorite lfs has peppered and pandas. I really like the peppered. Think I'll probably do 6 of those. Just gotta figure out what I want as my centerpiece. I'd like to see a rainbow cichlid in person. Can't tell if I like them or not by pictures.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
According to SF guppies are fine in 63-83. So yes they're an option.....
And yes, 1 male to 3 females.

VAFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think that's about all id want is 4 so that's good. Just want to add a bit of color to the tank. Does it matter at all if they are all different types?

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No, unless you are trying to raise the fry. Also, I would just get 4 males as it's better, you don't want babies.

VAFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I got two male guppies today. I'll prob get a couple more when I find some other varieties that interest me. Would a powder blue dwarf gourami work here? Seems like most sites say 72-82 degrees. The tank hangs around 73.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So you got the 6 zebra danios and 2 guppies and what else is in there right now?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom